Who owns a CZ40P?

glockopop

Thinking about picking one of these up. Anybody have one? Pros? Cons? Other suggestions? I shot a CZ-75 the other day, and I was very impressed with it's feel and accuracy, but that frame is just a hair big for my tiny girly hands. I'm thinking the slightly smaller frame might be a good idea for me. I was looking at PCRs, but the 40Ps are soo cheap it's hard to resist.

rellascout

I used to own one. I sold it. Never had an issue with it. It is a good gun. Very accurate. I always liked the low profile sites.

You have to remember it is a Frankengun. It is a P01 lower with a leftover 40B Slide. CZ was left with a lot of slides after Colt backed out of the cross marketed 40B.

Some people worry about the bushing breaking but I have not heard any real world reports of this happening.

Check out the CZforum for more info. http://p201.ezboard.com/fczechpistols82792frm67

glockopop

Rellascout, how does the weight of the fully loaded 40P compare to a fully loaded 226? I'm thinking of this as a "carry option" piece, in case I'll miraculously get a CC permit some day. That's also why I first looked at the PCR.

rellascout

Not too heavy. It is lighter than a fully loaded p226 but you are carrying fewer rounds.

I never carried it. For the money it is a hell of a gun.

Marcus

I`ve has a CZ-40P for a few years. It serves as a HD weapon with a Streamlight M3 on it. I`ve also has a 75B for years so I can compare/contrast them for you. Both are very fine weapons. Don`t be scared off by inane "franken gun" talk. :rolleyes: Major firearms companies combine parts of their various weapons into new configurations every day but they usually give them catchy names and charge a hefty premium for them!
The 40P frame doesn`t have a smaller grip frame,just a shorter one. It has a pronounced beavertail which I like because I tend to use a very high grip. The rest of the frame is much thicker than a steel frame CZ or even the PCR,making the 40P chubby like a Glock. Honestly I find the heavier but more svelt 75B easier and more comfortable to carry. The PO-1 was the first CZ series to be make without the hand fitting that CZ was known for. This as a result of Czech gov`t requirements. This may be one reason the trigger of PO-1s and 40Ps is rather lackluster out of the box. I dry fired mine with snap caps a LOT,which helped a great deal but even after 1,500rds. or so it`s still not as good as my 75B. That`s not to say it isn`t very adequate,just that the 75B is darn good. The 40P is quite accurate,more so than most service autos. The 75B is even more so. For a carry gun I`d cough up the extra bucks for a PCR,unless you really have your heart set on a .40. For a range/target gun that you can also carry,I`d suggest a 75B. If you want a .40cal. CZ with a light rail for a great price get a 40P. That`s why I bought mine. :) Marcus

chris in va

I had one for a few months. It was OK, not terribly accurate like my 75BD. After a while I realized why carry a .40 when I can get a .45, so sold it and got a P220.

It's definitely a weird gun. P01 lower, 40B slide. Kinda chunky/blocky and the trigger definitely didn't impress me. :cool: