who other than hogue makes decent wood grips for S&W N-frames?

uglygun

Looking to spend some money on a set or two of nice wood grips to replace the rather bland S&W factory wood grips on two N-framed Smiths I've got. Hogue's grips don't really do it for me and I'm looking for other options, preferably not one piece designs similar to the Hogue grips I see so often. I took a look on the S&W site and it didn't look like they were offering any N-frame grips for the older M29-3 and M25-5 that I've got coming, it also wasn't much help seeing them only list the identification numbers and not show pictures of the specific grip shape(wood pattern will vary but grip shape I am certainly interested in).

Looked through Brownells and wasn't too impressed with the selection there. My 38/44 Outdoorsman has a pretty nice set of laminated wood grips on it but they were hand made by some obscure person and I'm not sure if they can still be purchased, I got them 10 years ago from a garage gunsmith/ffl who's since passed away.

I'm hoping to spend around 60-80 dollars for decent grips that I can be proud of, doesn't matter if they are open grain or if they are laminated so long as I really like them.

WIL TERRY

SMITH STOCKS

IN MY NOT SO HUMBLE OF OPINIONS THE SKEETER SKELTON STOCKS FROM BLUMAGNUM IN COLO SPGS, COLO ABSOLUTELY CANNOT BE BEAT FOR SHOOTING COMFORT AND SLEEK GOOD LOOKS.

J. Parker

I know you're lookin' for wood but one of the sweetest revo's I ever had was a S&W M28 with Ajax's Pearlite grips on it. They we're like $28 bucks but looked like a million. Best, J. Parker

MADISON

Wooden "N" Frame grips

I have been looking for a pair of SERVICE STOCKS,
[the small ones that came on a S&W 28] so I can more effectively CCW my 3 inch 657. The only one offered so far did not have screws. I turned them down.

Redneck2

I just got some rosewood grips for my Bisley from Engineered Accessories 618-483-3272 . Look nice, very reasonable price ($30-40 range)

uglygun

E. BeauBeaux, WOW! Some of those combat grips are really nice! Looking at some of the prices and styles but I likes what I sees! Thanks!

E. BeauBeaux

Uglygun you are most welcome, their combat grip on my little J frame is sweet. Fit and finish outstanding, after you get the grips in hand you will forget about the price.

uglygun

When you ordered them, where did you have to send payment or were you able to call and order them over the phone? What about delivery times?

Honestly, I'm thinking about a smooth combat grip without finger grooves for the M29 that I've got coming, don't know if I want a thumb rest or not.

For the M25-5 I'm thinking about those blue/grey laminated grips with the finger grooves and possibly with stippling, for some reason those blue/grey laminated grips just beg out loud to be put on my 25-5 I'm picking up next Tuesday.
For some reason I think these grips would look even better on a blued gun
http://www.nill-griffe.com/Pages/News/sw036_a.html

One other question, when did the S&W revolvers move to "round butt" frames? More precisely will the 29-3 and the 25-5 that I have on order be considered "round butt" or "square butt" frame types?

E. BeauBeaux

It's in Texas somewhere, I have the number at home with their catalog. Turnaround was quick as I think they had what I wanted in stock. Will have to post the number tomorrow since I'm at work [hee hee hee]. If you email them it will probably be tomorrow for an answer as well. They have just started up here in the U.S. from what I understand.

Don't know on the square butt to round butt frame, other's on the board know much more than I about thing's like that.

Like you I really like the way the strippling look's over checkering or smooth.

uglygun

I found the texas number on their website and gave them a call, a gentleman with a VERY heavy german accent answered the phone :)

Anyhow, they have a represenative calling back in a little bit and I'm going to inquire about the grips I'm considering.

skeeter

Uglygun - I have a beautiful (least I think so) set of grips that I will not be selling when i sell my 4" nickle SW 29, They are smooth dark 2 piece SW stocks with slight finger grooves . I believe SW stopped making square butt N frames in 1995.
PS these SW grips are listed as COMBAT, ROSEWOOD BURGANDY LAMINATE SMOOTH for the square butt N frame.. Thet look as new. E-mail me if interested.Would like to trade them for the SW smooth round frame combat stocks like Tamara has.