Who makes the ruger precision stock?

Venom1956

Usually some of the components ruger has are made for them with their name on it instead.so does someone make the precision stock for them under a different name? I was interested in one to play with

zeke

Sorry, don't have an answer. However would also really like to get the stock and try it on a 308 ar. It really works a lot better than those I am familiar with.

Pahoo

Could be Boyd or Hogue

I am aware that Boyd makes some stocks for Savage and suspect they do as well for Ruger. Often times it's quite common for manufacturers to use multiple suppliers for stocks and other aftermarket parts, like barrels. By the way, if you inquire at Boyd, you will not get an answer ..... :)

Be Safe !!!

Venom1956

SH_RugerPrecisionRifle-1-3.jpg

This is about the best image I could find online of it. I have no doubt ruger could manufacture this by themselves but it seems like someone else would've came up with this and they rebadged it like the nordic chassis for the sr-22 rifle and such.

ballisti

Have you checked MTM's website? Anybody with an injection molding machine could make these.

Have you tried Mattel?

Just kidding of course. Mattel was once identified with the M16 and are very sensitive on the issue. - They manufacture children's toys only!

Sharkbite

I dont know who actually makes the stock, Ruger or some aftermarket manf. What i do know is i LIKE the stock.

Ive got a Magpul PRS stock on my psudo SPR. And a Luth MBA1stock on my suppressed 308 bolt gun.

The Ruger stock is EVERY bit as good as either one of those. If it is an aftermarket company manufacturing that stock...they are missing the boat by not offering it as a solo part.

jmr40

I'd bet money it is made by an outside vendor, but I have no idea who. I do know that there are similar aftermarket stocks available for the Ruger Predator which essentially turn it into the Precision rifle. You can buy the Predator and stock for less money than the Precision rifle.

MislMan

Check other websites such as Snipers Hide and ask/ look for "used" RPR stock. Quite a few folks have already switched to PRS and different stocks and may be interested in selling off their factory take-off stock.

... Larry S.