Who makes night sights for early SIG P220's?

Don Gwinn

Staff Emeritus
I know someone else here has already had this problem. I wanted XS 24/7 Big Dot express night sights for my P220. However, it was made in 1989, and a very helpful representative at XS warned me that the newer sights, designed for the dovetail on the newer guns, won't work.

Now, the early P220 doesn't have a dovetailed front sight, but I had thought of having a smith cut one. The XS rep says that won't work because the slide's profile is different than the newer slides and won't work with the new-style sight even if you cut a dovetail.

Anybody experienced this? It's exacerbated by the fact that I don't really like standard 3-dot sights. I find I do a lot better with the standard "dot the i" SIG sights on the gun now, and I have Heinie Straight Eights on my Glock, which are similar in concept. I REALLY liked the express sight/big dot concept. Is there anything out there for me?

Or is there a workaround?

Don Gwinn

Staff Emeritus
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for! I think this would be a good fit for me:

They say this is the less-popular option, but I don't really see why. I see no reason to try to align three things that are the same shape and size when I can align two things that are completely different. I sent them an email because I'm a weird, pasty recluse who hates calling people on the phone.

Wildalaska

I sent them an email because I'm a weird, pasty recluse who hates calling people on the phone.

See I'm a wierd pasty recluse who likes to talk on the phone.:D

WildiwanttogotohawaiiandbepastyonthebeachAlaska TM