Who makes best hi-cap Beretta 92F magazines?

Rembrandt

Son is headed back to Afghanistan, called and said their Guard Unit is short Beretta 92F magazines. The few they have are problematic and not reliable. Last deployment I sent him some high performance mag springs from Brownells, and will do so again. He wants some new 15 round magazines....who makes the best?

Trigger Finger

If you look around you can get original Beretta magazines, including the 20 rounder at very good prices. I would strongly recommend those.

Mec-gar or MDS would be a close second.

desertlord

I've had good luck with factory Beretta mags. I tried some aftermarket mags (don't remember the brands) and had issues.

ShipWreck

Factory first, then MDS and Mecgar.

Realize that while MDS MAKES the factory mags, their baseplate is a tiny bit thinner than the ones they put on the factory mag. Making it more likely to break if you drop the mag on concrete

DrBundy

Anything but Checkmate. Supposedly Checkmate Industries has made improvements to their mags, but one has no way of knowing if old or newer style mags are being shipped when ordering from a catalog or website. I wouldn't take the chance unless I could put my own eyeballs on them first. I've got half a dozen MecGar 17 rounders with flush baseplates and have had zero issues. I'm also not playing in a sandbox, so take that for what it's worth.

Most importantly, thank your son for me for his service to our country. :)

~A

desertlord

Also avoid the cheap eagle mags. I bought 2 or 3 from CDNN a while back and not one worked at all. If I recall none of them would even feed one round.