Who makes an UGLY revolver?

jar

Lot's of people seem to be able to design really ugly pistols. But what about revolvers?

Do you know of a really Butt Ugly revolver?

lonegunman

Ruger double action revolvers (GP100 and Redhawk) are ugly. It looks like they were only half finished.

But they still arent as fugly as Ruger semi-autos (nothing is).

K

KilgorII

Smith and Wesson

38_super.jpg
M629STEAfull.jpg

RogerC

Tamara, that's not ugly. What model is it?

Speed, THAT was a nasty trick. :)

I always thought these were pretty ugly:

1895b.jpg

James K

Member In Memoriam
My vote is for the Ruger Super Redhawk. Compared to it, the Nagant is downright pretty.

Jim

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
RogerC,

Tamara, that's not ugly. What model is it?

It's a Rossi 720 Covert, with a set of hideous faux-stag plastic grips originally intended for a square butt J-frame. (The Pachmayresque fingergroove rubber brick that came on it originally was large enough to make it not-so-Covert. My gunsmith and I determined that square-butt J-frame grips would fit with only minor grinding on the gun, and the only choices in town at the time were these fake stag ones or a pair of even more hideous Mother-of-Plastic ones. I went for the Annie Faux-kley look rather than the Pimpdaddy Luvin' one. ;) )

I was putting together some Wally World particleboard bookshelves not long before this picture was taken when I noticed I didn't have a hammer in the house to knock the finishing nails in. No problem, just unload the Rossi and use the butt. (Hey, Colt collectors pay extra for those scars on a dug-up Model P! :D )

I have a Nagant myself, but I figure it's cheating to enter a gun built by vodka-sodden Communists while German tanks were crashing through the factory walls in an ugly gun contest. ;)

swifter...

:D Second - or third, or whatever - the Ruger Super Redhawk. BIG and UGLY. :eek: Its saving uh, grace (?) is that it works, and its strong as a vault.

Butt ugly.:p

Tom

Blackhorse

My vote goes with RogerC, the 1895 russian nagant, had one, it was so ugly and underpowered that I had to get rid of it.

foghornl

Speed:

WHY DID YOU DO THAT ? ? ? ? ? ? ? I just lost my lunch all over my desk.

Just for that, may Miss Rosie be your houseguest for at least a month.........SHEEEEESHHHHHH.

Meowhead

38_super.jpg

Okay...I could see something like that being made by some gunsmith, under the influence of much drugs and/or alcohol. But Smith and Wesson? ***?!

PKAY

Ruger SRH for sure. The barrel/frame interface looks like a prop from a pipe fitting class.

Now the Ruger SBH on the other hand is a thing of beauty to behold!