Who makes a good range mag for the walther p99's?

kdmoore

Thinking about some range mag's for my newly acquired p99 (9mm). I shoot IDPA and I'd feel much better dropping non factory mags, esp the hi cap's.

I'm wondering if any have had any experience with Promag? CDNN is selling these for $13 and p88c/p99 for $19 Both are 10 rnders. I'd like to try the Promag's...Earls has stated that the p88c's are off a fraction of an inch and may not feed reliably. I have no experience with promag's , maybe they are worse than the p88c's?

Are there any other makes available that I'm missing? Is anyone from Mecgar listening? I'm sure that you could sell quite a few.

Hey walther owners, there is a forum devoted to us over at http://www.parkcitiestactical.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=13

TIA
-K

blades67

Mec-Gar. They make the Walther P99 magazines, seems to me they would make a good "range magazine" for you.

KPS

How about 10rd magazines for the .40cal P-99? I don't see them as often.Anyone know who sells them?

kdmoore

KPS,

Just got information over on the Walther forum for Kieslers Police Supply http://www.kieslersonline.com/

They are supposed to have factory mag's in stock ($27), but don't know if this includes the .40 Probly worth a call

Blades, the Mecgar website has no mention of Walther mags. I'll call today and see if that's an oversite on their part.

Marmy7451

P99 9mm mags

Hi-caps seem to be between $89 and 100. My wife needed some for use at the range so we got 4 of the 14 rd ones from Forrest, about #39 each. Not fancy but each and every one works flawlessly (over 500 rounds each now) and we have color coded them so they are used for the range only.

Forrest has gotten some bad press on the net, but in the 8 years I have done business with them I got everything I ordered and service was acceptable and the stuff all worked.

kdmoore

Marmy, this is the first that I've heard of the mag's from forrest. Are they p99 mags? or another mag that "works" in the P99? Why only 14 rounds? Does Forrest have a web site?

KPS, someone on the other site mentioned that they don't have the 40 mags. :mad: