Who makes a 1911 in 10mm?

Most of the custom gunsmiths, or a Colt or other .38 Super can be very slightly machined to accomodate conversion with a .38 Super barrel and mag.

TAKtical

Rock island armory does according to their facebook page. It is supposed to be available at cheaperthandirt for the black friday sale

g20gunny

Any company worth their weight makes or has made a 10mm 1911.
I would highly recomend checking out the fusion hunter, Dan Wesson, Les Baer, Colt.
Also if you have a 1911 in .45 you might consider a 400 corbon barrel and heavier mainspring. Not quite a 10mm but pretty close for just a bbl swap. Although the 10mm has more options for woods carry, I would check out the corbon 180gr jacketed softpoints @ 1300 fps from a 4.6" glock 20. Good luck getting that out of a 400cb.
Good luck and enjoy that 10mm!

Last edited:

KyJim

I'll also suggest the Dan Wesson but with a recent fire at their facility, you make have to really look for one. Colts are fine 1911s but don't have a ramped barrel. That means less case support and that means some high pressure/velocity loads are not recommended in Colts. Fusion is an option you should also explore.

Crankgrinder

Like the op i too have thought much about a 1911 in 10mm. I have a question that he could benefit from as well. Are 10mm 1911s well suited for the round inthe first place? do they wear faster? crack in places or fail prematurely rather?

MarkCO

If you use quality parts, the 10mm round is fine for the 1911 and it will last a long time.

The .40 Super...maybe a tad too much. :D I have one of those too.

laytonj1

I am thinking of a 10mm as a woods gun.
While I have a Delta Elite, for a woods gun get the Glock 20. 15 rounds of 10mm is hard to beat.

Jim

My 2010 vintage Delta,
DSCN1297.jpg

Last edited: