Who makes 5.56 brass headstamp "T" ?

HankC1

I pick up this 5.56 brass case at my local range from time to time, small font headstamp "T" and "5.56x45" at the other side, silver primer, 3 point crimp and black tart sealant. I don't recognize the headstamp, google suggests it could be Tula but Tula brass I have seen have TulAmmo headstamp. So, who makes the "T" headstamp 5.56 ammo? Cartridgecollectors.org site also suggests headstamp "T" could be made in Spain or Swiss, I don't think we have those in US.

T. O'Heir

Most likely is Tula. TulAmmo is made in the Tula Arsenal. The sell brass coloured primers and Berdan primers too. Doesn't mean they use 'em in their ammo.
Munitionsfabrik Thun, Switzerland is RUAG(RUAG Ammotec, Tampa, USA), Hirtenberger(H), Dynamit Nobel, MFS 2000(Prvi Partizan. PPU head stamp). Busy bunch.
Empresa Nacional Santa Barbara de Industrias Militares currently makes all kinds of military kit for the Spanish military. You cases probably are not from them though.

MRCL

A T and a two digit number is RUAG Switzerland. The digits refer to the year the lot was manufactured.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

HankC1

A T and a two digit number is RUAG Switzerland. The digits refer to the year the lot was manufactured.
There is no 2 digit number in headstamp. Just T and 5.56x45. RUAG Switzerland in US would be GECO right. They have GECO headstamps.

MRCL

Geco, although essentially RUAG ammo, is its own brand. If you import, for example GP11, it will be genuine RUAG ammo.

There's better stuff in 5.56 than GP90 (RUAG Switzerland) since GP90 is tailored to the Stgw90.

Most probably yours really is Tula.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk