Who loads for the Pro's?

ShootingNut

The men and women who shoot for S&W and the likes? I doubt they run to Wally Mart and buy off the shelf ammo. Do their sponser's hire the best to load hi tech ammo for them?
Hmmm, wonder why they haven't called me? ;)

Scorch

It seems to me that what you are asking is "Do the pros spend hours and hours loading on a press just like mine?"

Short answer: no, they dont.

Long answer: Most professionals in any sport use equipment very similar but much more advanced than the equipment that non-professionals use. Automatic reloaders costing several thousands of dollars can turn out ammo in a fraction of the time it takes a hobbyist to produce the same volume and quality of ammo.

I worked for a volume reloader in college. The equipment was fully automated, turning out 1,000-2,000 rounds per hour of extremely high quality remanufactured ammo. We chronographed samples from every lot, and the consistency of velocity and accuracy was simply amazing. I fed the presses powder, primers, bullets and resized/polished cases, and they spit out a steady stream of reloaded ammo. So, even a pro who shoots 500 or more rounds/day can easily keep up with their usage.

ShootingNut

Scorch

Thanks, interesting post. I'd like to see a loader like that in operation.
Have bought reloads from Cabella's in the past, I imagine they are loaded also on such equipment.