Who likes USPs?

Willie Lowman

I was once a die hard 1911 guy, then I shot a Glock. I Bought some Glocks, then I shot a USP. I have one USP .40 currently. I am thinking about buying a second, a .45 Tac.

Who has USP experience they would like to share with the class?

3607840450_57414bbe6f.jpg
My .40

hoytinak

I LOVE my USPc...it's my first and favorite handgun. I dropped it for the first time the day after I got it, I didn't have a holster for it yet and was carrying it "mexican style" walking up a couple of flights of stairs. I watched it bounce (in slow motion it seems) down 13 cement stairs. I guess that's one way to break it in. :eek:

The second time I dropped it I was in NC rock-crawling in my old Jeep XJ. I didn't have doors on it and I kept the USPc in the center concole. Well with all the bouncing I was doing I guess the console lid came open and the UPSc fell out of the XJ, sliding down the rock and I ending up running over it with my rear tire.

Still to this day, a little over 11 years of hard abuse and little over 50K rounds later, it still shoots just as good...if not better...than the day I got it. :cool:

1000217nt8.jpg

varoadking

Congrat's on your HK...nice pieces, they are...

HK USP Experts are among my favorites - spectacularly accurate. I have them in 9mm and .40S&W, both with Jet Funnel's and both in LEM. I recently bought a .40S&W USPc LEM, and while it is a bit snappy, it's pretty damned accurate for a small piece and far more ergonomic than one might think.

Add those to my HK45 and P30, both in LEM, and my P7M8's, and you might say I am quite smitten with HK, as they number the same as my Glocks, and now outnumber my SiG's. They have a way's to go to catch up with my Smith & Wesson's, though...and beleve me, I'm workin' on that...

HKFan9

I loved my HK USP fullsize 9mm but the grip was simply a little too large for my hand, I have short fingers. Besides that, and it being top heavy I ended up selling it. It shot great but I wasn't shooting it to the best of my ability due to those factors. They are really nice guns if they fit your hands right.

HKFan9

I loved my HK USP fullsize 9mm but the grip was simply a little too large for my hand, I have short fingers. Besides that, and it being top heavy I ended up selling it. It shot great but I wasn't shooting it to the best of my ability due to those factors. They are really nice guns if they fit your hands right. The mag release when used with your trigger finger is ideal however i loved it.

KCabbage

I really like my stainless USP 9. Night sights and a Lasermax Unimax laser on the rail, couldn't ask for more. A few more mags would be nice though.

If I didn't have refinishing a Desert Eagle and class 3 fees on my plate I would pick up a USP 45.

HKfan - Go handle a Desert Eagle with Hogue wrap around grips then hold a USP and tell me it doesn't fit your hand ;)

vox rationis

I have two in .40 a full size and a compact. They are absolutely bomb proof and handle the .40 in a most facile manner. They are top notch service pistols, perfect to help you through whatever Mad Max movie you might find yourself in, unless of course you don't have the duckets to buy those $50 magazines. :)

Willie Lowman

The gun is not to big for my hand. That is not my firing grip, it was just the way I was holding the gun to take a pic.

*stupid question time* The USP has a fully supported barrel, right? I gave up reloading for my Glocks after seeing some of the pics of kaboomed G22s on TFL.

My only complaint is that I have to change my grip to close the slide with my right hand (With the Glock and Sig I can reach it with my right thumb).

PSP

A couple of my favorites are the USPc and USP Elite. Give new meaning to the terms reliable and accurate. Very robust guns with few flaws.

Beauty and the Beast. :D
HKstainless021-1.jpg

Elite45target-1-1.jpg

Jason_G

They are definitely one of the most robust designs out there in the poly pistol market. I honestly prefer the 1911 in terms of being carry friendly, but the USP is a great pistol.

Here's mine:

USP1-1.jpg

Jason

rsxr22

I love HK's as a whole. I started out really loving the USP platform but since then i now own a p7m8, p2000sk, and p30 and they are unbelievable!!!

NWCP

I own 4 USPs one being the .45 Tactical. Never had a problem from any of my HKs. My 1911s, which I am fond of, are persnickety in comparison. I had Matt Del Fatti build me an ISP/LP IWB for my .40/9mm and carry one or the other in the winter. HK builds great weapons. Enjoy yours and good luck on getting the Tactical. Another HK you need to shoot is one of their P7 series. Amazing squeeze cocking, fixed barrel pistols. So many guns and so little time. :D

I LOVE my USPc...it's my first and favorite handgun. I dropped it for the first time the day after I got it, I didn't have a holster for it yet and was carrying it "mexican style" walking up a couple of flights of stairs. I watched it bounce (in slow motion it seems) down 13 cement stairs. I guess that's one way to break it in.

The second time I dropped it I was in NC rock-crawling in my old Jeep XJ. I didn't have doors on it and I kept the USPc in the center concole. Well with all the bouncing I was doing I guess the console lid came open and the UPSc fell out of the XJ, sliding down the rock and I ending up running over it with my rear tire.

Still to this day, a little over 11 years of hard abuse and little over 50K rounds later, it still shoots just as good...if not better...than the day I got it.

While they are great pistols they don't bounce worth a hoot. :eek:

orion1

New to this forum but long-time gun owner. I have a USP 40c and a Mark23. Love both guns. They are reliable and accurate. Only problem is $$ (which is a big problem).

hknut

The slide release and the safety of the USP are in the same locations as a 1911. HK was sick of all the military/LEO contracts being written as so only the 1911 could qualify. So they made a plastic 1911 with a higher round count. I love a USP.