Who Likes Their Sig 239?

Dragline45

Still trying to figure out why I want this gun so bad. It only holds 8 rounds of 9mm and is pretty large and heavy considering it's capacity. But every time I shoot one I fall in love with it. Anyone on here still carry the 239 these days? Considering selling my SR9C and saving up a bit to get one, but having a tough time justifying giving up a smaller gun with a larger capacity for the 239 for carry duty. I prefer DA/SA but these days it seems like every compact hitting the market are striker fired.

Last edited:

BigJimP

I have a pair of Sig 239's / just the standard guns with nite sights ..nothing fancy ...and one in a 9mm and one in .40S&W....and yes, I like them.

I think they're well made ...easy guns to shoot / easy to carry / although I don't carry them too much ( I'm mostly a 1911 guy ) / but when I do carry them I have a Kramer Leather - Horsehide - IWB rig for them. I use them a lot with my younger grandkids as a training gun ...slim profile / relatively light ...

Capacity in a carry gun is no big deal to me. For the most part - if you ever need a gun / whole thing will probably be over in 10sec or less...and if you train often ...probably with less than 3 rds.../ of course you can always carry an extra mag too.

It comes down to what you want / what fits your hands the best.

willmc33

I have one chambered in .40S&W and I love it. It is thin enough to carry, gives better handling then a subcompact .40, extremely well made, very accurate, good features, stylish, its an excellent choice for a defensive pistol, the grip is nice and thin so it is easy to get a good purchase on and forgiving for shooters with smaller hands. An all around good choice. Capacity is limited but it makes up for it with all its other upsides. All of this of course is IMO.Its in my top 5 favorites pistols.

Boatme98

I have P239 and a SR9C. I still carry the Sig. I love Rugers. I probably have more of them than any other brand (I should check, I guess), but I don't forsee ever ever carrying anything but a Sig with one exeption. That being if I have to wear a tux. It doesn't happen often, but when it does I usually pack my Colt Gov't. .380. A bit more discreet. And I don't give hang what Cmdr. Bond carries. ;)

Sixer

I hate to say it... but I sold my Sig 239 9mm and bought an H&K P2000sk V3.

No regrets here. The 239 is a great gun, but it rarely left the safe. For a
9mm that only held 8 rds, it was just to heavy to justify for EDC. I figured if I could add a couple rounds and shave a few ounces it would make for a better CCW.

Still have my Sig 229 though ;)

Rinspeed

I don't have a whole lot of rounds through my 239, maybe 1000 or so, but it has been 100% reliable and is as accurate as most of my larger pistols.

DragonDog

I like the P239 but..

I hate to say it... but I sold my Sig 239 9mm and bought an H&K P2000sk V3.

No regrets here. The 239 is a great gun, but it rarely left the safe. For a
9mm that only held 8 rds, it was just to heavy to justify for EDC. I figured if I could add a couple rounds and shave a few ounces it would make for a better CCW.

Still have my Sig 229 though

This might be an exact future post from me. Only I might go a little larger with the HK P30, since I already have the smaller end covered. The P30 is still lighter, empty anyway.

WVsig

I had one in .357 Sig and had a 40 S&W barrel for it to. It was decent gun. A bit of a tweener but sold it when I went exclusively to 9mm and 45 ACP. I would buy one in 9mm if the price was right...

Nothing really wrong with the gun but IMHO nothing really right. It does nothing that my P225 does not do and I prefer the balance of the P225. Feels more Sig like. I never found weight to be an issue riding in a Milt Sparks VMII but I also like to carry 1911s and BHPs in the same rig so I the P239 was light by comparison.

Trooper Joe

Love my 239's

SigSauer239357Sig.jpg

I bought two of them (and no I am not rich).

Fell in love with my first 239 in 9mm which now sports Hogue grips.

Found a 239 40 in two tone, bought it, and while in the dealers parking lot, called Sig and ordered the .357 barrel and 3 .357 mags. Lately I just replace the front sight to a #6 instead of the stock (40 cal) #8. Seems to work better this way otherwise it shoots a little low with the .357 barrel.

Just some thoughts.

Trooper Joe

SigSauer239-9mm-postcopy.jpg

Viper99

I have only one Sig, the P239. It is very accurate and well made but for some reason I find myself wanting a P229 instead. And as another poster said, I do fancy the P2000sk as well.

Problem with trading anything in, is the hit you take in doing so. Maybe I will find a good deal eventually.

BigJimP

Only one perspective...
...but in my view, not every gun in your safe has to have a purpose today / or to be carried....your tastes may change over time / or you may want something with less capacity, different sights, different controls, a different feel ...or whatever....

If the Sig 239 is a gun you like ....then keep it ..../ its a solid gun - maybe not an investment gun ...but a solid gun / that can be part of a collection long term.../ selling it at a loss makes no sense to me / or selling it at all - makes very little sense to me ...unless you really hate it.

rickmelear

I have 3 Sigs, 239, 229 and a 2340. The 239 is by far my favorite, yes it is heavy for the mag capacity but it feels great in my hand and I almost cant miss with it.

10-96

Another "Yes" here. I carry my 239 pretty much exclusively now as an off duty firearm. I'm not a big fan of the Safariland 586, 568, whatever paddle holster- but I guess it's not bad enough for me to shell out the $$ for a different one yet. The one thing I do like a lot about the holster is the comfort and how close it keeps the firearm to my body.

When we got the 229's as duty weapons, I was kinda miffed at how little difference there was between the two. But my 239 9mm has been stellar in performance. I did change out the plastic guide rod for a metal one. Anyone who's gong through a factory armorers course has heard of the sins and evils of the plastic one's.

Thespis

I've got a 239 in .40. It's a bit heavy for me to CC regularly, especially given the available alternatives. But the weight makes it a pleasure to shoot. And it's probably as accurate as I'm capable of being at my age (70). As a previous poster noted, not every gun in the safe needs to be perfect for every occasion. I bought the 239 several years ago simply because I liked it. I still like it.

got2hav1

P239

I like mine a lot. It fits my hand good, very accurate, very reliable. The only down side when compared to others are weight and capacity. But if you do not feel you have to have 13-15 rds, then there's none better than the P239 in my opinion. Here is mine a SAS/DAK Gen 1 in 9mm. :D

014-2.jpg

Boatme98

I bought mine strictly as a carry gun. I did almost a year of research and much fondling (much to my lgs' annoyance). Previously I had carried a Ruger Security Six and then a Colt Gov't. .380. I decided to go to the 9mm and finally picked the P239. I had started out looking at the P250. I liked the idea of interchangeable calibers, but the 250 was a untried concept at the time, so I went for the P239. Absolutly no regrets.
And as for the P250, I'm glad I didn't. I'm still not sure about it.

ClydeFrog

SIG P239 DAK .357sig...

If I had the $$$, I'd snag a custom P239 in the DAK-SASII format with night sights & maybe the CT Lasergrips.
I like the .357sig caliber, but a 9x19mm pocket pistol would do fine too.

The SIG P239 is compact but a great defense/2nd gun. It was a well produced design to replace the older P225 "decocker" 9mm.

Clyde

Dragline45

Thanks for all the posts. Looks like I am going to have to get myself a 239. Only problem is it's not a gun I need it's a gun I want. Still need a pocket gun for when I am at work, my J frame is too big and heavy for dress pants pockets, the Seecamp should fit the bill nice.