Who is The Freedom Group? article

....And now you know the rest of the story!

At least as to why the decline in quality from companies such as Remington, Marlin, Bushmaster and DPMS...

TimW77

"Getting gun news from the NYT is like asking the guy who tried to poison you for a drink of water."

I'd trust the guy that tried to poison me...

T.

Father Time

At least as to why the decline in quality from companies such as Remington, Marlin, Bushmaster and DPMS...

This.
Cerberus may have created a super giant company that is more likey to weather the current rough economy.
However they are all about buying a company just for thier good name and reputation of quality, just so they can cut corners in production and pocket the money.

Cerberus is the worst thing to happen to these company's.

Bamashooter

Look at how much quality has declined since the takeover of these companies. Its sad that all people care about anymore is the bottom line. There used to be a time when people took pride in their work. Im not seeing that from this company. They took the good names of remington and marlin and are now in the process of ruining them with products that arent as good as they used to be. I hope they will be able to recover one day. I have always loved remington but doubt I would buy one now and the same goes for marlin.

HKFan9

Quote:

This.
Cerberus may have created a super giant company that is more likey to weather the current rough economy.
However they are all about buying a company just for thier good name and reputation of quality, just so they can cut corners in production and pocket the money.

Cerberus is the worst thing to happen to these company's.

+10

GONIF

IMHO the Freedom Group has degraded the Quality of every brand they took over .They have taken Marlin to an all time low in QC . Now that Cerberus and Fiat own Chrysler I expect QC at Chrysler to really tank .:(