Who is shooting the XD?

Farmland

It took me years before buying my first Glock then even longer to get my first XD. I am glad I bought these and they have made me a believer in the plastic frames. Both are great guns.

The Glock was new but the XD-45 was used, in fact the fist used gun that I bought.

I have given it some time prior to commenting but the XD is just a great shooting handgun, as are all the ones I have. I never thought I would lean towards one manufacture over another but it is close. :D

Has anyone done any small additions to the XD? Is there anything that you think works better with the HD? For example I love the Lone Wolfe barrel I added to my Glock. In addition I love the mag extenders that I added to my Glock which is the compact 40.

This is the first high capacity 45 that I bought. I find that I am starting to favor this over my Colt 45. It has only been 9 months but I think I might consider an EDm. No the Colt is not going anywhere soon after all it has been my competition gun for 15 years.

I am looking to buy another full size 40 to replace the Beretta that I have shot for the past 16 years. The Beretta has done well and I lost count of how many thousands of round have went down the barrel.

If the 45 XD is any indication of how well these things shoot and function I just might lean that way. Of course my Glock 40 is just as good but there is something about the XD.

So who else is shooting the XD's?

Last edited:

Farmland

I thought I would show you the guns so someone didn't think I was not honest about what I am shooting. ;)

Attachments

• guns.jpg
    guns.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

verdun59

I was at the range today shooting my XD9. It's comfortable, shoots straight, never malfunctioned, what else can you ask for. I did install the Powder River kit on it which took up both pre-travel as well as over-travel. Trigger is so close to a 1911 that it's hard to believe. In my opinion it is an excellent gun.

ejfalvo

I have the XD 45 Compact and the 40 SW SC. Both have been flawless, fit my grip well and are a pleasure to shoot. I've shot Glock, SW, Ruger, and Beretta and prefer the XD. Its a matter of personal taste.

shanzlik

The XD45 Tactical is my HD gun. Still carry a 1911 though, easier for me to conceal.

XD45Tacticalltwlight.jpg

I have the XD40 and XD45ACP. Both are the service models.

Has anyone done any small additions to the XD? Is there anything that you think works better with the HD?

I had Springfield do full blown trigger jobs on them and had them sent out to Robar for texture treatment. I'm spoiled rotten by 1911 triggers and haven't seen one, single striker fired gun made by anyone that can compete with that. But a trigger job on an XD by either Springfield themselves, Canyon Creek, or Springer Precision gets it pretty close.

ETA: I should have said I haven't seen any striker fired gun that duplicates the 1911 style trigger. For me, the 1911 style works best. I'm sure there are others that believe the triggers in striker-fired guns work best for them and that's their prerogative. Of course, if anyone would read my posting history, one would understand my context...

Last edited:

10mm4ever

I have a service 9 and 45 and love them both. These things just flatout shoot and are probably my favorite polymer frame pistols(and Im not big on those). The grip size and angle is as close to perfect as Ive ever felt on the smaller frame 9mm and for a high-cap 45 the XD 45 feels unbelievably good in the hand as well. To me, they seem like a Glock/SIG hybrid and really make the Glock feel like a 2x4 in comparison.

brokenarrow41

I shoot the XD 45 Service. It fits my hand well and is very comfortable to shoot. I've had one malfunction with a stovepipe so far but it was using ammo made in the 50's.
The only changes I've made were to the magazines by adding Pearce Grip extensions.

greghalliday

My service length XD 45 is my wife's and my favorite gun. I was a bit surprised that she liked it so much since 45s are supposed to be all recoilly and stuff. But she likes the XD and the 1911 more than any other (non .22LR) guns we own.

Farmland

It is funny that someone said the XD is like a mix of Glock and Sig. I felt the same way. It is like they combined some parts of each to come up with a pretty nice handgun.

The 45 XD really is a nice gun to shoot and does handle the recoil much better than my Colt 45. I thought I would miss the exposed hammer at first on a 45 since I was use to the Colt.

I am thinking I might need another one of these in a full size 40.

Achilles11B

The Service model in 9mm is my first pistol, and will probably be my last for a while based on how it performs. I haven't had a single malfunction in about 300 rounds and it does everything I ask it to do, no problem. In short, I love it.

Hig789

I carry an xd9sc everyday and wouldn't trade it for anything. I also have a PRP trigger kit in mine and Truglo TFO's. I have owned/own Glocks, H&K's, and M&P's, and my XD is the best fit for my hand there is.

Pic below

Attachments

• IMG_0505.jpg
    IMG_0505.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 22

IamMick

I bought a compact XD40 and I love it! The double stacks get a little annoying sometimes when concealing (weight, thickness) but my only other issue would be the very tight spring and difficult to operate one handed, mag release that is also tight. Any suggestions on a great conceal carry holster for XD's?