Who else here has been Grendelized?

MeekAndMild

Its getting close to deer season and I've decided to use the Grendel Hunter again this year. It has the ergonomics of an AR but it shoots a 120 grain bullet with plenty of reserve power for deer. :cool:

But it got me to wondering. Are there any other Grendel fans here? Anybody shooting custom rifles, maybe some T/C shooters who've been Grendelized or maybe somebody who's built one on a Mauser action?

rgitzlaff

me too!

I'm taking my Grendel AR out this season also, for all the same reasons. Accuracy of a bolt gun, with semi-auto capacity, reliable, not much recoil. Also using 120 psp's. In my mind, this is the perfect deer rifle.

MeekAndMild

Well, actually I've been loading 120 grain Nosler ballistic tips, which seem to really knock Bambi down fast. I am a great lover of those little polycarbonate tips which deform a whole lot less in the magazine.

Last time I took mine to the range I made a little 5 round smiley face in the center of an otherwise clean target and left it up for one of the bolt gun shooters to find. ;)

One of the more shy members PM-d me saying he's doing a couple of Grendel builds on some other brand lowers. I PM-d him back saying good luck because Alexander Arms has a really long backorder time right now. Actually the backorder time is REALLY long.:(

globemaster3

I really considered the grendel hard with the 6.8 Rem SPC and the 6.8 won out in my mind due to the greater amount of factory loadings. However, the 6.5 for reloading would seem to be the trick since there are a slew of 6.5 bullets, lots more than 6.8. Has anyone else jumped on loading the grendel besides AA (I don't reload, yet)?

Anyone besides AA and Sabre Defense building uppers?

JackL

I know the Grendel was intended as, and is generally considered, an AR-platform round, but have always thought that the little CZ-527 Carbine would be a natural for it. I'll probably glom onto one of those if I ever run into a smith who's willing to do the conversion.

zoomie

I really considered the grendel hard with the 6.8 Rem SPC and the 6.8 won out in my mind due to the greater amount of factory loadings. However, the 6.5 for reloading would seem to be the trick since there are a slew of 6.5 bullets, lots more than 6.8. Has anyone else jumped on loading the grendel besides AA (I don't reload, yet)?

Anyone besides AA and Sabre Defense building uppers?
I was in the same boat. I was ready to order a 6.5 upper from AA, but was turned off by the proprietary nature of the round. The Grendel is much more closely guarded than the 6.8 has been, so fewer companies make uppers and even fewer make ammo. Wolf makes crappy 6.5 ammo. But you're pretty much stuck with buying from AA for quality ammo.

Les Baer and JP make 6.5 rifles. CSS makes 6.5 also, but I think they're doing so without AA's blessing, so they call it 6.5 MM AR.