Who carries a Bersa 380?

I carry one when I'm wearing basketball shorts or sweat pants. I got the two tone model with the black slide. I don't have many rounds through it because it's accurate and easy to shoot, didn't need much practice to get good with it.

So let's say 500 rounds the gun itself is holding up great. The black finish on the slide is another matter, I carry it in a Bianchi leather IWB holster...it had accumulated some surface rust that I took off with 0000 steel wool and gun oil.

If you get one go for the nickel model if looks are important. If they're not get any of 'em.

AirForceShooter

I carry one
Duo-Tone
It's accurate and relaible.
It's defnitely not a range gun.
You're not going to put 200 rounds a session through it. Your hand would really hurt.
Have it stuffed with Gold Dots.

AFS

jfrey123

Mine shoots just fine with the Hornaday XTP or whatever the initials are... I have a duo-tone I carry in a Bianchi leather IWB. Stays in place, easily concealed (as concealable as IWB can be with love handles :eek: ).

I have noticed a bit of holster wear near the front of the slide. The finish, IMHO, is consistent with what I paid for the weapon.

The only thing I can't stand about it is the sound it makes when I rack it. There are some ringed grooves that run around the barrel, down it's entire length, and when I rack the slide, the recoil spring makes a sound over these similar to a fingernail over vinyl. Drives me crazy, because it makes the gun just sound cheap...

All that said, she's my favorite mini auto, and I have put 200 rounds through her without hurting myself ;)

I carry one sometimes in the summer months but it used to be my primary CCW. I have the duo-tone model in .380. The finish is great. No problems to report. I've never had a failure of any type and it shoots straight. I paid 199.00 NIB a few years ago and I think it was a good value.

greyeyezz

Carry in the summer sometimes, nickel finish, very durable. Did i say accurate?

P1010494rs.jpg

OldShooter

Bersa

Jfrey123

Try turning your recoil spring around. I had my gun worked on and the smith put the spring in backwards. It makes a difference.

WVfishguy

I carry & shoot a Bersa 380. I've had it for about 15 years, no problems. It's accurate, reliable.

The quality of this little gun encouraged me to buy the full-size Bersa .40, which I love.

PunchPaper

Bersa...

Is the Bersa .380 considered a pocket gun or would you need to
carry it in an IWB holster?

I have read and felt that the .380 round kicks a bit, but do you look at it
as any more likely to jam than any other round?

YounGun24

I've carried the Bersa 380 in both the standard duo-tone finish, and currently the 380cc model (slimmed down for lighter, easier conceal) Both were great to shoot. I carried the duo-tone ankle and IWB, and have carried the cc model in both as well as pocket. The cc model, which is smaller than the standard bersa 380 bulges in my front jeans pocket, and prints even with a pocket holster. I usually go IWB, unless I'm in a hurry, then it's pocket. The full-size bersa 380 would not be good for pocket carry, you'd definately want to go IWB.

KyJim

I also carry the DuoTone .380 in summer. It has been very reliable but, as others have noted, I don't put huge amounts of ammo through it.

guypowell

Bersas are wonderful pistols. My 380 has around 1,000 TROUBLE FREE rounds through it and still looks like new. Almost everytime I've gone to the range in the last couple of years the Bersa always seems to get thrown in. Such a pleasure to shoot, and accurate as well.
As stated in another thread, I often carry it in my pocket. Tucks in a loose fitting pair of jeans quite well. In fact, I love this little 380 so much that I'm wanting to get a UC9mm soon.
Bersas are like CZs, VERY good buys.