Who can fabricate an scope adjustment cap?

credx2

I have an old German scope that is in perfect condition except it is missing the cap that goes over the windage adjustment. I have the other one from the elevation adjustment. Does anyone know where I might get a new one manufactured? I can use the one I have as a pattern for the new one. I assume someone can mill an new one or print a plastic copy on a 3D printer. Just don't know where to begin to look. The few inquires I have made with local machine shops have not been fruitful.

T. O'Heir

Figure out the thread and buy one. Talk to your local gun shop. Having something like that made would cost a fortune. Even with 3-D printing.
E-Bay financially supports the people who want to take your firearms away from you.

Scorch

Of course someone can make scope turret caps. Someone made the ones that were on your scope originally. You just have to decide whether it's worth the price. I figure about $100 for materials and labor, but I could be way low. It would be a fun project.

BTW, I'd take it to various gunsmiths and see if they have anything in their spare parts bin that would fit. Ditto with gunshows. That's much cheaper than having one made.