Whitey Bulger's Guns

KyJim

Authorities have released some photos of gangster Whitey Bulger's guns following his conviction for racketeering. They were seized upon his arrest along with over $800,000 in cash. Disregard the media's mandatory reference to an "arsenal" of firearms, but his collection wasn't too shabby. He seemed to have a preference for 1911s but had a variety of guns on hand.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10008574.html

pcb911

Thank you for this thread. I was wondering yesterday what he had for protection after I saw the picture with the AR in it.

Wonder how many the feds furnished or let him buy?

Tracer rounds? I figured a guy trying to keep a low profile would prefer something else.

The rest is pretty standard fare. Could be just about anybody's collection.

KyJim

My first thought is which, (if any) of these firearms will be linked to murder.
I would be surprised if any were. Any gangster that survived that long would know to get rid of any weapon that could be traced to a crime.

osirus82

i agree, that is not a arsenal- i dont like how the media blows stuff like this out of proportion. That is just a fun camping trip or spare guns for the cabin. Instead of keeping or destroying those guns they should put them up for auction- Id bet they'd make a killing~no pun intended.

camsdaddy

I wonder how many of the recovered firearms are not shown? I see what appears to be a J frame in picture 10 that isnt displayed in the pictures of the "arsenal".

Paul B.

"I wonder how many of the recovered firearms are not shown? I see what appears to be a J frame in picture 10 that isnt displayed in the pictures of the "arsenal". "

Huffpost news showed a set of pictured that included about 7 or 8 Schmiesser MP40s and a couple of otjer full auto types.
Paul B.

medalguy

Hey let's not overlook the dummy hand grenade body shown in the pic, without a fuze assembly. Imagine getting hit in the head with that thing. Probaby weighs a full pound. :rolleyes: Need to keep those heavy objects out of the hands of these criminals!

spacecoast

Did anyone see a "huge cache of ammunition"? I saw about an average range session worth of ammo unless I missed the cases somehow.

I wonder what the media would say if they looked in some of our safes?

That is, if any of us actually had a safe or more than 20 rounds of ammo. ;)