Which Would You Buy Right Now?

ACP230

If you had the cash in hand which shotgun would you buy right now, no product research, no discussions with your significant other?

I'd buy a Ruger Red Label 28 gauge. I have most other fronts covered, and I just want one of the Rugers.

HSMITH

I have a Red Label, nice shotgun, well worth the money to me.

I would buy either a mega blaster CANNON of a rifle (like a 338-378 weatherby, 340 weatherby, 338 ultra or something along those lines) OR a very accurate target type 308-300win mag rifle. I have neither and want both, the target rifle would likely come home with me though.

Since we are in the shotgun forum I should include a shotgun option I think. That would either be a spare SuperX2 3.5 just in case mine ever broke, or a Benelli Nova 3.5".

If cost was no object the choices would be a little different, but as much as I would like reality is where I am forced to live.

rugerfreak

If I had the cash in hand---big if----not like I have this kind of cash-------BUUUUT-----I'd be calling my dealer and have him order one of those custom Browning Superposed shotguns that I've been seeing in the catalogs for years now.

Dave R

Any nice 12ga O/U with twin triggers, well-regulated barrels and choke tubes.

Anybody make such a critter for under $1,500?

Twin triggers on an O/U are pretty non-standard.

Skofnung

I'd get a mint condition LeFever .410 Side X Side. I have my grandfathers old one that has badly pitted bores, and so I can't shoot it. :( More's the pity. A more graceful long gun I have yet to find.

I saw one recently at a gun show, $1050 was the asking price. :mad:

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
Hmmm, so many choices....

First thing, I'd get a 30" Stan Baker Big Bore bbl for my trap 870, and get some open tubes for it for skeet, 5 stand, SC and whatever, even dove shoots.

Second thing, run around buying classic 870s, and setting up one for every conceivable use. Got a good start on this already(G)...

Third, get a nice classic SXS, a Fox etc, and set it up as a quail gun. This would be a light 12 or 16, about 6 lbs, and pretty.

And if I just HAD to scratch the sub gauge itch, a 28, possibly the Ruger, probably the 870 WM in that tiny bore.

chaim

Even though this thread seems to assume one has the money for anything they want, I think I'd probably still go with something I'm considering anyway.

In order of preference:
1) Not a shotgun, but... I really want a .38spl or, better if I can afford to feed it (or start reloading), a .45lc Uberti Remington 1873 clone. Beautiful rifle.
2) Not a shotgun, but... I really want a brace of SAA clones in .357mag or .45lc or a brace of Vaqueros.
3) Lanber O/U shotgun. These seem to have a very good reputation and they are inexpensive- they seem to provide a lot of value.
4) Remington 870, 1100 or 11-87, set up with two barrels (I'll probably go 870 or stretch to the 1100, in this scenario where one has the money for anything I'd likely go with the 11-87). One barrel (18" or 20") for HD with rifle sights and smooth bore, the other (24-28") for getting into games like skeet and trap.
5)Mossberg 500 set up like the Remingtons.

ACP230

If I still had cash left after the Ruger 28, I'd buy a good quality .410 side by side. I've been eyeing them for years, and have always been broke when one appeared locally.

I saw a couple of English .410s at the Cabela's in Dundee, MI last year. They started at around $3,000, too rich for me, but nice clean-lined guns.

kahrma

I would get a beat up Mossberg pump 12ga. I think they go for less than $100 then I would chop the bbl down to 18" and mount an inline pistol grip and a synthetic forarm. That would be a great HD and vehical gun. I would load it with sabots in the car and in the house I would just keep #8 shot target loads in it.

For $150 you can have one bada$$ mamajamma of a hell canon! I would also take one in 20ga if that was all there was.

P102

Comp. or Hunt?.....

If I were competeing again, K-80 w/ Briley tubes. For the field, I'd go w/ the Mod. 12 in 28 ga. (assuming I could also afford the shells) or the Beretta 390 or 391 in 20 ga.

New here and enjoy the forum.

Good shooting!

kudu

I've been hankering for a Winchester M42 for a lonnnggg time. If I had the $$ in hand.

sm knows what I mean.

abelew

Shottys-
1. FN pump with the m-4 stock, pistol grip and ghost ring sites
2. Rem 870 marine mag with surefire forend
3. Rem 870 parkerized with pistol grip stock (with butstock too)
4. HK G3/G36/UMP 45/MP5(SD,Navy,etc)