Which wood Hogue grips for my new M27?

colima

Well, I take possession of my new S&W Model 27, 5 inch tomorrow. Its a beautiful gun, but it only came to me with the standard rubber Hogue grips. I was on the Hogue web site looking at the wood grips for the N frame and had some questions.

I really don't much like the full fingered grips because I have large hands and all my fingers don't fit all the way down.

I noticed on the web site that Hogue makes a "top finger" grip with only the top groove. They also make a no finger groove model. In the no finger groove, there is also the Miculek grip in the Dillon catalog.

The problem is I can't try them on for size. The guy at the gun show last week only carried the full fingered variety, so that was no help.

Any recommendations?

VictorLouis

Well, I'm a big fan of the Hogue's, and they are about as small in circumference as a full-size grip can be. The good news is, when you buy them in solid wood, they are larger. It has to be this way for them to be strong enough for the task. I think that if you otherwise like the feel, ordering them w/o finger grooves would very likely workout well for you.;)

Frenchy

I prefer "factory" wood.......but that's just me.
If you have larger hands, the target stocks work well.
2002523505014475338972.jpg