Which trigger for Savage 111

billstclair

I have a Savage 111 in 30-06 caliber. I love the rifle, but the trigger pull is way too heavy. I've decided to get a lighter trigger.

Right now, the two I know of are Timney and Sharpshooters Supply (bottom of page).

Does anyone have experience with these triggers? Which one do you like better? Is there a better choice for around the same price (< $100)?

ks_shooter

I have had a SSS trigger in my Model 11 .243 for a year and a half and really like it. Simple install. Easy to adjust. You might also consider the Rifle Basix replacement trigger. The Rifle Basix trigger is simpler, but I think the SSS trigger has a better design that will give more consistent low-end trigger pull.

Steve Smith

Sharp Shooter Supply now makes two trigger sets, one from 12-24 ounces, one from about 2-4 lbs. For a hunting rifle get the latter.

billstclair

SK,

Duh. Why didn't I think of that?

The adjustment was pretty obvious once I took out the three screws holding the stock to the action. I left enough of the adjustment screw so that it won't fall out and checked that whacking the butt on the ground doesn't make it go off. I've got nothing to measure the weight in pounds, but it's definitely better. Looking forward to testing it at the range.

Thank you kindly, sir!