Which Steel Target should I get next...

WVsig

So I finished up building a new portable stand for my IDPA-IPSC style silhouette AR500 steel target today. I made it out of scrape wood I had leftover from other projects. The center post is removable and the target is attached with a carriage bolt and a wing nut so it does not require any tools to setup or breakdown.

I am looking at getting 2 more targets but I am not looking to spend the $$$ on more silhouettes. I am considering a 8", 10" or 12" gong style round target which I can mount using the same system. Prices start around $22 for the 8" up to about $43 or the 12". Price is not a huge issue but it is always a consideration. :D

These will be used for handgun 90% of the time with maybe some 100 yard AR15 thrown in there from time to time. I am going to stick with 3/8" AR500 which I think will hold up fine.

Most the shooting will be done at 15 to 25 yards. I may use them to setup informal shoot and move training. With that in mind what size do you all think I should get. I do not want to get something too small but I also don't want some thing too big. My Silhouette is a 3/8 12" X 20".

Thanks for your thoughts in advance!

Last edited: