Which spring is it?

muleshoe

A couple months I acquired an older 870 as part of a trade. The poor old thing has not had the best of treatment and was in need of stock refinishing among other things. While I had it dismantled across my desk, my 2 year old son made off with the magazine spring. I searched the house high and low and have yet to find it. The little perp has been interrogated relentlessly but just isn't giving it up. He acts as if he doesn't understand English, yeah right. Anyway, in my Brownells catalog I see what they call a "Magazine Detent Spring", is this what I'm needing? I'm puzzled because I also see a "Magazine Spring. Extra Light", they have different item numbers and are different prices. I'm needing the spring that is about 18"(?) in length. So, which spring is it?

Thanks...

shotgun.gif

K80Geoff

870 Spring

Check under the listing for model 11-87. The 11-87, 1100 and 870 all use the same magazine spring.

I believe the Brownells stock number is 767-000-451. This is for the standard 12 ga gun.

Geoff Ross

muleshoe

Thanks Geoff. I forgot to add that this is a 20ga., I assume they use the same spring?

I'm still working on getting the kid to talk. I got him under the lights now and I think he's about ready to crack.

shotgun.gif