Which Python?

Cyberbug

I have decided on getting a Python this week. Thanks to many members here.

What I can't decide is which year manufactured to get.

Should I get a 1970-71 model which looks in great condition or a pre 1960 model which also looks in great shape there is a 10 year difference.

I read that before 1964 all Pythons were completely made by hand.

I also read that Don Tedford was working on the pythons in the Colt Custom shop in the 70s.

decision decision - I have no clue.

can someone help, I can provide further details through email or PM.

regards,

Faisal:confused:

357 Python

That's hard to answer. What are the barrel lengths and which appeals to you more. Both of my Pythons (blue, a 4" and a 6") were made in 1978 and function flawlessly. As far as collectors value goes I would imagine that the 60's era Python might have more value. Personally if they are identical except for the year which one would I choose? I don't really know.

Jake H

I would inspect each one very thoroughly using the process outlined in the sticky at the top of the web-page. I would choose based on the revolver's condition, mechanically and cosmetically, rather than choose by the year it was made. Judge each individual gun based on its own merits.

However, if both check out perfectly, then I would choose the older one as long as it wasn't too much more expensive. A pre-60 model is fairly rare I believe, especially if it's in great condition.

Jake H