which one would you sell?

bk40

I know.. I know. don't sell good guns---

But, if you had to choose between these two handguns, which would you sell and why?

A P7M8 with only 25rds shot thru it (bought new, not a refurb) or a new stainless 4" Python Elite.

Both are verrrry nice guns no question about it. I have several other guns that can substitute for the P7. OTOH, I'm seriously lacking in revolvers at the moment (I don't shoot them that well ;)

Your thoughts and opinions would be appreciated!

Jay Baker

I don't know what other handguns you have, nor did you state if you carry either of those two for self defense.

That said, if it were I, I'd keep the Colt because of the much more versatile .357 round, especially if you reload. FWIW. J.B.

SnakeLover

BK, you don't say why you want to sell, so that makes the recomendation a bit more difficult. If you are looking to receive the most money for whichever gun you sell, then the choice is sell the P7M8. I think blue book had sugg retail of around $1200 last I looked, whereas the Python Elite was around $1000.

If you don't shoot revolvers well (and since the Python Elite is NIB) get rid of it. Better yet, sell it to me!! I'll take good care of it and add it to the other snakes I own! :)

DarkStar

Wow, I feel like I'm playing Meryl Streep in 'Sophie's Choice'...

Taking a very long look at the situation, the Python would have to stay. The P7 is without a doubt one fine piece of engineering but the Python is, hands down, the most elegant handgun ever created...

Maybe that's not a logical criteria but your choice can't be reasoned with, you feel it.

Darryl

Gonzo_308

Why are these two on the block? Do you have other firearms that are nicer? Better engineered? If you do please let me know what they are so I can spend some more of my wifes hard earned inheritance. If I must choose, I guess I'd say get rid of the P7. A good .357 is a must. Even if you need to learn how to shoot it.

[This message has been edited by Gonzo_308 (edited October 30, 2000).]

J. Parker

bk40; 9mm's are a dime a dozen. You also said you could replace the 9mill. My bias is I'm a big .357 maggie fan. Keep the Colt-dump the P7. There're over hyped and over priced anyway. The Colt may be pricey but I would get one in an instant if I could afford it. Best regards, J. Parker

bk40

Thanks everyone for your responses. Have lots to think about and truly appreciate hearing others reasoning.

Gonzo, I can shoot revolvers, just not well :D

the P7 probably would be the easiest to replace

viper

Why would the P7 be the easiest to replace? Are all you guys high? The Python is a nice gun, but as we are on the verge of a crackdown on gun ownership(if, God forbid, we get Gore'd on election day), do you really want to be stacking up on revolvers and letting your autopistols go? Am I the only one who sees the insanity in this?

Wake up guys, look where you are. If I were going to stack up on guns right now, it would be hi-cap auto pistols, pre-ban magazines, and pre-ban military style rifles. That's it. No need to look any further.

Six shooters? Jesus Christ. Half the battle in life is knowing where the hell you are, and you guys are in Amerika now.

My advice? Sell 'em both and buy yourself a P7M13, a Glock 19 and perhaps even a Mk III Hi-Power. And, oh yeah, load up on some spare pre-ban mags for each.

Six shooters...what's this world coming to?

------------------
Let's just hope we don't get Gore'd in November.
I don't know about everyone else, but I'd much
rather get some Bush.

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
bk40, I believe that the Python Elite would
have earned a place in American history, by
now; as this is one fine revolver. :) Even if one couldn't afford to replace the P7, there
are other logical choice's in 9m/m. :D Of those choice's, the BHP, Sig's P226/P228, Beretta 92's, and H&K USP's lead the way?
With that said, I'd keep the Colt. :) :D

Regards,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Tom B

You should sell the Python and you should contact me first before you place the ad to the general public! But I am unbiased you understand.

bk40

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Why are these two on the block? Do you have other firearms that are nicer? Better engineered? If you do please let me know what they are so I can spend some more of my wifes hard earned inheritance.

Gonzo, yes I do have firearms that are every bit as nice and precision built as my P7 and Python. Various 1911s and BHPs are some of them.

The reason that 1 of these might be for sell is to pay for another potential handgun purchase, an HK Tactical to be specific. My problem is, like others I'm sure, is I have champagne taste but I have to work within a budweiser budget :D

viper, regarding your input...

do you really want to be stacking up on revolvers and letting your autopistols go? Am I the only one who sees the insanity in this?
Wake up guys, look where you are. If I were going to stack up on guns right now, it would be hi-cap auto pistols, pre-ban magazines, and pre-ban military style rifles. That's it. No need to look any further....My advice? Sell 'em both and buy yourself a P7M13, a Glock 19 and perhaps even a Mk III Hi-Power. And, oh yeah, load up on some spare pre-ban mags for each....Six shooters...what's this world coming to?

your advice is appreciated even if I don't agree with it. Magazine capacity is not the only thing to consider (for me anyway) when choosing handguns, rifles or shotguns. And yes, I have Hi-Powers, AR15s with full capacity mags.

Once again, thanks to all who replied!

SnakeLover and Tom B, are those legitimate offers?

bk40

of course now, if anyone is interested in a Kahr MK9 Elite '98 with xtra mags shot with less than 50 rds fired, let me know.

SnakeLover

BK, here's a recent add on a Python Elite. Since this one was NIB and 6", I'd assume it is worth more than yours. http://www.auctionarms.com/Closed/DisplayItem.cfm?ItemNum=704645.
Since yours is 4" and used, it should be in the $1000 neighborhood. However, I'm not a dealer, so I'd suggest taking it to a local dealer and get their opinion on retail price and what they would pay. Somewhere in the middle is what you can probably sell it for!

bk40

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SnakeLover:
BK, here's a recent add on a Python Elite. Since this one was NIB and 6", I'd assume it is worth more than yours. http://www.auctionarms.com/Closed/DisplayItem.cfm?ItemNum=704645.
Since yours is 4" and used, it should be in the $1000 neighborhood. However, I'm not a dealer, so I'd suggest taking it to a local dealer and get their opinion on retail price and what they would pay. Somewhere in the middle is what you can probably sell it for!
[/quote]

SnakeLover, thanks so much for the link. That 6" is identical to mine 'cept mine's missin' 2" of barrel ;) I consider mine NIB also as it has never been fired outside of the factory. Well, maybe 99%+ as I have dry fired it a few times :D

Gonzo_308

BK, I apologize for making you think I was insulting you. I simply meant that you should keep the Python and practice to become efficient with a revolver rather than accept that you "dont shoot them well".

To me not shooting something well means I need to "learn" how to shoot it better. Good luck on your decision

bk40

Gonzo, there was no harm done on your part as I knew waht you meant. I was just funnin' with you! :D

"To me not shooting something well means I need to "learn" how to shoot it better. Good luck on your decision" - very good advice, thanks G!!