Which New 9mm

RevolverLover

My wife decided she whats to get me another 9mm for our 22nd wedding anniversary :D ...the thing is I have no clue which one. I already have a XD9 and a bhp. Both are great pistols especially the bhp its my favorite. So can you guys/girls help me out by giving me ideas on whats the next 9mm going to be? This gun will just be a range and fun gun. The only requirements is that it can be new/used and around $600. So far the only 9mm I have tried that I didn't like was the HK USP. So i'm open to suggestions thanks

Geoff Timm

Well, you've got the full size, plastic pistol and classic single action slots filled, how about one of the CCWs, the Kel-tec P11 comes to mind.

http://www.kel-tec.com/p11.html

Or go for a classic before the price gets any higher, a Walther P-1 from the european police stocks that have been released lately.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/IOAHG01.html

Or for a wild and crazy addition to your battery, try a Ruger Single action in 9mm / .357 Magnum .38 Special.

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/FAProdView?model=308&return=Y

Geoff
Who likes the price of 9mm Luger.

A_J

Maybe Walther P99/ S&W 99? Can be had in that price range... I picked up a P99 Compact recently and am liking it a lot.

Bullrock

CZ-P01. I would suggest the PT-92AR or the Px4, but if you don't like the feel of a USP you may find these too large...

Good Luck

TrooperSon

Take a look at a Sig P226

If you want a little more compact, go with a P229 in 9mm. P228's are out there but harder to find.

Bullrock

Its not the size I don't like about the USP....I just don't like the uncomfortable checking on the frontstrap.
OK, Try the P01 or the PX4. Two of the best shooting automatics I have experienced.
P01WhiteBirch.jpg

PX4reddown.jpg

Bentonville

Try holding the HK P2000. It is a perfect fit for smaller hands and the felt recoil is very mild. My wife shoots "ours" very well.

Rainbow Six

Probably won't find a brand new P226 for your $600 range, but a sweet used one or even a CPO should fall WELL within that range. The P226 is, for me, the sweetest 9mm I've ever shot. It fits my hands perfectly and it's size and length absorbs and distributes the recoil of 9mm like a dream. Mine is WAY more accurate than I can shoot off hand and feels so balanced and "right"... I've seen Certrified Pre-Owned (CPO) P226's for great prices...

Another option that would fall well below your $600 mark would be a CZ75B 9mm. The 75B is an awesome 9mm for the price. Mine is extremely accurate and a smooth shooter. It's all steel construction helps dampen recoil and feels good in the hand. Just feels like a solid piece, and rightly so.

And for what it's worth, I'm with you on not liking the HK. I've never really cared for the feel or the trigger press on the HK's. They're great guns, just not for me.

All told, if I could only keep one of my handguns, it would be the P226. I can't say enough good things about it. :cool:

Hook686

You might check out the Glock 19, and the S&W 3913TSW. Both are mighty accurate. The Glock can shoot +P+, while the S&W is limited to +P.

Good luck on your search.

Bob1963

Used Sig P226, Cz75, Beretta M9 or PX4. Hold each one if you can and one of them may just feel perfect and you will know which one to get.