Which New 9mm for the New Year?

RevolverLover

Ok I have been wanting to get another 9mm but can't decide what to get. It will be used mostly for the range. I already have a BHP, XD9, and a HKUSPF.

-It has to be around $700
- Can be new or used
- SA, DA/SA, DAO doesn't matter
- No CZ's
- No subcompacts

So what models would you recommend that fit that criteria? I know this is a broad question but I'm just trying to get ideas.

Hans

Beretta 92 series, Sig P228/229 or 226, M&P series, Glock 17 or 19, or the ultimate HK P7. There are so many choices, just go handle some and see what you like the best.

Sorry, forgot about the price range. Forget the P7.

Mark54g

No CZs? Blasphemy

You could go with a Beretta PX4, 2 Stoeger Cougars, perhaps a good deal or used SIG P226 or P229

AK103K

SIG, but of course! :)

P226
226R.jpg

P229
229Rleft.jpg

P239
239StdLeft.jpg

RevolverLover

Beretta 92 series, Sig P228/229 or 226, M&P series, Glock 17 or 19, or the ultimate HK P7. There are so many choices, just go handle some and see what you like the best.

I have alot of experience with the Beretta 92's and I think they are a great gun but for some reason I just never thought about personally owning one. :confused: The Sig P226 is a good idea because thats the only 9mm Sig I really like but it will have to be a CPO Sig or a pre-rail one because I think they look better than the railed ones. I will have to look into the S&W M&P more. And I have never found a HK P7 for around $700.

Glock 17 is a surprisingly good range gun.

I was leaning more towards the G34 if I was going to go with a Glock but I would have to change the sights because the stock sights suck.

No CZs? Blasphemy

You could go with a Beretta PX4, 2 Stoeger Cougars, perhaps a good deal or used SIG P226 or P229

I can't reach the CZ's safetys with my thumb and the PX4 doesn't fit me either. The Couger is a good idea.

RyeDaddy

Nobody's mentioned the Walther P99 yet, they're worth looking at. Great ergonomics, reliable. Something different.

MCCALL911

Smith & Wesson 5900 series. Generally less than $700, depending on the model. My only initial complaint: Reassembly after field-stripping (holding those three little levers down in front of the hammer in just the right way :mad: )