Which Mueller-APV Or Eradicator?

10-96

I have 3 of the tactical models on my varmint rigs. I don't have one mounted on anything with more gumption than a heavy .243- but I've yet to have ANY negative issue with one. In my opinion- they really are a whole lot more scope than you pay for. I'd put them up against any Weaver any time.

Mine: http://www.muelleroptics.com/products/MT852544.html

The Eradicator is a pretty long scope, and there is quite a bit of difference between 14x and 25x. I guess, your question would be easier to offer an opinion on if we knew what kind of shooting you do. The long 25x might be more worrysome if you're giong to be humping hills, mtns, woods, swamps, jungles, etc. But if you mostly shoot from a bench, hide, truck rail, or whatever- then the 25x might work better than the 14x. In other words, the bigger- the fragile-er.

ELMOUSMC

I have a Mueller APV 4.5 x 14 mounted on a Savage model 40 .22 Hornet.It is way more scope than I imagined when I bought it.it is clear,very solid,holds zero like it is set in concrete
The APV is recommended for light recoil rifle so IMHO I don't know how it would stand up to a 7mm mag.One of the fellows I shoot with has a Mueller Eradicator on his Howa .308 and he says the same thing that I do about the quality of the scope
Good luck and good shooting ELMOUSMC

sholling

The APV was never intended to stand up to that much recoil. I suspect that it wouldn't last long. You didn't say what you plan on shooting. I'll assume targets. If you must have a Mueller then I'd look at their Tac II for anything less than 200yds, but I think you'd me a lot happier with more eye relief like a Nikon Team Primos or a Buckmaster.

Kawabuggy

I'm a hunter so the only time the gun will see a bench will be when I sight it in.

I'm going on a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Colorado to hunt Mule Deer, and possibly Elk if I can get a tag. My thoughts are that I might be shooting a good long distance and that the extra magnification may help.

If it matters, even at max magnification, I feel very confident that I can hold steady. I currently have a 6-18 magnification Bushnell that I have no problems using on 18X. I like to be able to see the fleas before I pull the trigger.