Which models am I forgetting?

tackdriver

I'm looking at pistols that fall roughly into this box:

9 mm
Bbl length of 4 inches or less
Height of 5 inches or less
Overall width of less than 1.3 inches
~$550 out-the-door price

I am looking at the S&W M&P 9c, Ruger SR9c, Glock 19, Kahr CW9 and the S&W 908.

What else?

Last edited:

Spammy_H

XD9-SubCompact - not sure about the width, but everything else fits the bill.

The XD9 Service is .5" too tall for your specs.

The XDm 9mm 3.8" barrel is also too tall (5.6")

all of them are great guns.

vidiot

Hmmm, well, if you could expand your budget just a little you could consider a Walther PPS. Those things are really slim. I'd like to have one.

tackdriver

Indeed, Spammy. I have been sweating a Kimber Ultra Aegis for many moons now. The EMP is just a smidge too tiny for me.
After all this agita, I may VERY well end up with a Rock Island Compact in .45

Spammy_H

You have my sympathy. Haven't played with Rock's compact, but shot a buddy's government model & really enjoyed it.

I love my tactical tupperware, but, once it's all said and done, they all may get swapped out for autoloaders designed and built the way John Moses Browning intended them to be!

Skans

Detonics Pocket 9mm
Colt Pocket 9mm
STI LS9

I think that the new maker of the AMT Backup makes a 9mm also.

PS - saw the "$550 out the door price" - strike the Colt and the STI.

HKFan9

The M&P's are great but I hate hearing customers who come in looking for a gun saying "whats your least expensive", or something along those terms. I'm sorry but I am by no means rich either, but you pay for what you get in the firearms world. I can understand being on a budget, but all that means is take a little longer to save up extra money, or put it on layaway. Plus don't be anxious, SHOP FOR DEALS. I just picked up a BARELY used Sig p239 .40 cal with 2 mags for $450 out the door.

the Kahr CW9's are OK, but the K9's are certainly a better carry gun in my mind. A good belt and the right holster will make the weight difference unnoticeable.

Shop around used counters definitely.

Coltman 77

Walther PPS, a superb sidearm. Available in 9mm or .40 S&W.

Typically great German engineering. Accurate and reliable sidearms.

Take a look at one.

The HK P2000 SK is another pistol that is just dead nuts accurate and reliable.

It's really worth it when you spend a bit more. :D

jhgreasemonkey

Don't rule out the ruger p95. It fits your criteria and comes in well under your price requirement so you could spend the extra $$ on ammo and accesories.

Distortion

tackdriver, what part of the CZ P-01/PCR/Compact do you consider too wide? If it's the grips, then you should check out these grips from the CZ Custom Shop. I have a custom Shadow from the CZ Custom Shop, that came with the full-sized thin aluminum grips, and those thin aluminum grips really, *REALLY* slim down CZ pistols. I bought some Cocobolo grips to replace the thin aluminum grips, because they were just too thin for me.