Which mag for 1911

FireForged

I have a Springfield milspec and I was wondering what relaible aftermarket mags do you guys use. I am using novak..

VHinch

I'd advise trying a couple of different ones and seeing what your gun likes best. I use CMC Powermags and WC 47D's the most though.

csmsss

I like the Wilson Combat magazines - the plastic follower totally eliminates possible issues with the split feed lips that I used to run into quite a bit. But you know what? I like the MecGar magazines even better. My 1911 recently had issues with the slide stop not holding the slide open on an empty magazine - but only with my Wilson magazines. With the Mecgar, the slide continued to operate properly. I've since replaced the slide stop with a new one that functions properly with all my magazines, but still...I prefer the Mecgar magazines. Their single piece metal followers seem absolutely bulletproof to me.

Personally, I recommend staying away from all magazines with the split stamped metal followers in favor of solid followers.

Kermit

Every time I see this question, I reply the same way -- GO w/ WILSON mags :cool:
every mag related problem has gone away once I started using the Wilson mag ;)

RickB

I liked my Novak's, until one cracked, and then, after a friend bought six on my recommendation, all of his cracked. Checkmate Industries still makes a G.I. spec 7-rounder, if that's what you want. They're also a maker of Colt factory mags, and they make just about any type of .45 mag you could want; flush fit, removable base, extended tube, 7-round, 8-round, stainless, blue, etc., etc. Their quality is as good as or better than anything on the market.

hoytinak

Never tried the Tripp Research mags...might have to get a couple to try out. I've used the Wilson 47D and Novak mags with good results.

Dust Monkey

Metal Form. Either GI follower or rounded. Metal Form makes mags for Ed Brown. There is one metal form mag I prefer over all others. It's offered by cylnder and slide, 7 round , xtra power spring with bumper pad.