which is the most popular Glock model?

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
Private or LE?

I think the 19 is the most popular in private hands but it could be the 17. I wouldn't argue the point either way. LE here tend to use full-size 40s and 45s. G21, 22 and sometimes (NY State Police for example) 37.

Theohazard

Among the general public, the Glock 19 is by far the most popular Glock model in my observation. But I have no numbers to back that up, it's just what I noticed from working in a gun shop and from my observations of the gun-buying public in general.

jmr40

I've read from multiple sources that the G-19 is the most popular model overall. This would include world wide sales, but I also believe it is the case in the USA too.

Maybe it is just regional, but almost every police agency in GA carries G-22's. I would think the G22 would be the most common among LE, but there is certainly more variety in LE. There are still quite a few G17's, G-21's and even some G-37's out there.

Uncle Malice

Had the 19 for quite some time... sold it for the 17. Fits my hand better, shoot it better, gives up VERY little in concealability. I love the 17 (and the gen4 21)

jfrey

I would suspect that across the whole US population the G19 would be the most popular. From what I hear about sales, the new G42 may give it a good run very soon.

jasmith85

There's only one......the G20.

Unless I just find an amazing deal the Glock 20 is the only Glock for me, but I would imagine the most popular is the Glock 19. You can't find a thread online asking about the best guns without a lot of people saying the Glock 19.

doofus47

I say 17. I don't own one, but when people chime in on forums, the number 17 seems to come up most often.
It seems to be the 1911 of the Glock lineup.

P5 Guy

The Glock 19 is the best all around of the entire Glock line. Great firepower with 16 rounds of 9mm. The size if a fine balance between Service size and CCW. And like the entire Glock line simplicity is the key.
And I'm hardly a fan-boy because I prefer revolvers. Carrying a S&W 60 most often.

Laz

Stevie-Ray, your suggestion along with the bulk of replies would suggest the top three might be the 17, the 19, and the 26; full-size, compact, and sub-compact 9mm pistols. I think that would be a good guess.