Which holster would you pick?

springmom

I'd be surprised if it actually slid on your belt. IF you get a good gunleather belt (do not go to J.C. Penney or Target....this has to be a heavy belt for this purpose) it isn't going anywhere.

I have a DeSantis OWB holster for my Kimber and the first few times I pushed the belt through the leather flap I wasn't altogether sure I was even going to get the holster onto the belt. Both the belt and the holster have relaxed a bit since, so it's not so hard, but the holster stays where I put it on the belt.

Unless you're planning on doing tumbling routines in it, I think either one will be fine.

Springmom

john in jax

I would choose the Bianchi. A good, heavy duty (thick) 1.5" to 1.75" wide belt will make a big difference too - - the best source of which around my parts is a leather shop in the flea market.

RevolverLover

Out of those two, I would go with the Bianchi 19 Thumbsnap because it covers the whole firearm that will help keep debris out for the most part. And like the others have said, get a good belt.

hnk45acp

I have a Black Widow for my HK uspc which I like because the thinner thumbstrap allows me to carry C&L but I don't like the open bottom. I say if you're just carrying open on your property try the thumbsnap

springmom

Nice belt. That ought to do it. I bought mine locally because I wanted to make sure it would fit both me and the loops on my jeans :rolleyes: . But that looks great.

Springmom

CraigJS

The 19 much more protection for the gun. Hikeing or on the farm you need that extra leather for protection.

bulbboy

Open carry - I would go with the thumbstrap. Normally, I wouldn't but w/open carry- it gives you an extra layer of protection