Which handgun do wished you had bought first?

hoytinak

I'm happy I got my USPc 9mm as my first. It's almost 10 years old, got about 45K rounds through it and has been 100% reliable through them all...what more could I ask for. :cool:

orionengnr

A quality 1911 or an S&W .357 K/L/N frame.

After 25+ years or so of buying, trying, selling, buying and trying again, I could have saved a lot of time, effort and money if I'd fast-forwarded to these choices. And would have become a better shooter years ago, as well.

And the .22LR suggestion is a good one as well, although when I started 25 years ago, ammo prices were not the consideration they are today.

CDH

First brand new pistol I ever bought was a Smith Model 19 w/6" bbl.

Still have it in original box and papers and in 100% condition, and I wouldn't have bought anything else as my first at the time... 1971, from the gun counter at Montgomery Wards. :eek: :D

Those were the days...

skeeter1

"Which handgun do wished you had bought first?"

None. My first is a 1972 S&W model 35 22/32 target revolver, and I've still got it. Last year that they made them. Paid $119 for it. Today, if and when you can find one, it's more like a grand. I've got five more at the moment, and had two more that I was glad to have sold. The latest one to follow me home? A NAA mini-revolver. It's in my pocket right now. Of the half-dozen that I have now, they're all keepers. Oh, I wish I'd bought a Colt Diamondback when they were in production, but I was a broke college student at the time and couldn't afford it. :( All but one were purchased new. The only second-hand gun that I have is a Beretta 92F, but there's a good reason for that -- my cousin gave it to me for free. :)

Colt Officer's model 1911...it would have probably saved me from buying a few of the guns I have bought. But then again, I would probably have still bought most of them anyway. :)

evan1293

I went back and forth between a sig 220 and a new glock 17. The sig was great but long gone. I've got 3 g17s now!

lee n. field

Ruger Mark II Target, 6", stainless. Looked at it in the shop when I went in to order my first handgun, back about 20 years ago.

Should-a got it instead, without a doubt.