Which Glock for Target Shooting?

147 Grain

I do a lot of range work with many calibers and would like to ask you experts what 9mm Glock is the best for continuous target practice?

Recoil is of no concern, but having a good trigger is.

How does the 17L compare to the 34 and which is best?

kymasabe

Go 34

I've shot both and hands down, the 34 is the way to go. Has a lighter trigger, and I think it may be slightly longer. I tried one at an IPSC match and was really impressed with the trigger and the accuracy. I'm as accurate with a 17 as I am with my Taurus but was WAY more accurate with the 34 and 35 I shot. Incidently, I really didn't notice a difference in the 34/9mm and the 35/.40cal. Some people say there is a recoil difference or one load is hotter or whatever. With those two Glocks, the difference was minimal, could barely tell them apart. So, if you're a .40 cal fan, think about the 35.
Happy Shooting.

Revision...I just re-read your post. I see you were asking about the 17L...I shot a standard length 17. Anyway, I still the the 34's trigger kicks @ss.

Glock 17l!

if you buy the GLOCK 34, after a few months you will wish you had the bigger, better, cooler, more rare GLOCK 17-------LONGSLIDE! i have a Glock 17, and sometimes wish i had a GLOCK 17L, just because it would be more accurate, it would have higher muzzle energy, it would have less recoil, it would have higher fps then my 4.49inch G17 barrel. if you sort of want it now, your really going to want i later, the GLOCK 34 was made for IDPA, if your not going to do that just get the GLOCK 17L, and have the most accurate GLOCK in the market!

timothy75

The 17L is 6 inches and the 34 is 5.3 inches. I'd recomend the 34 personally which could double as a home defense gun.