Which CZ

Selfdfenz

Based on experience, which would you choose,
CZ 75 Compact or PCR. I assume my hicaps will fit either. 9mm
So far it seems like some folks have had problems with the comapct but not the PCR.
Or your suggestions for an all metal alternative at the same price,size quality. Hard I know.
This will go concealed carry.

Many thanks in advance.
S-

croyance

Of the choises I would get the PCR. The alloy frame would be easier to carry.
However I personally would just get the full sized CZ-75. I sometimes carry a Browning Hi-Power, so I know I can carry a CZ-75.

Rickmeister

Both ar good shots. And both are too lumpy for CC at 4 o'clock. A shoulder holster is probably your best bet.

If you want the decocker, go for the PCR.

ronin308

If you value cocked and locked, get the compact. If you want a decocker, get the PCR. The PCR has some additional features: extended mag release, forward slide serrations, low profile sights, good rubberized grips, loaded chamber indicator, and a recessed crown on the barrel. The PCR is also lighter than the compact. BUT, the compact has a better trigger pull, also it does not have a grooved trigger like the PCR. Your highcaps will fit but they will stick out a bit. They're both easy to conceal.

Dan

ronin308

If you value cocked and locked, get the compact. If you want a decocker, get the PCR. The PCR has some additional features: extended mag release, forward slide serrations, low profile sights, good rubberized grips, loaded chamber indicator, and a recessed crown on the barrel. The PCR is also lighter than the compact. BUT, the compact has a better trigger pull, also it does not have a grooved trigger like the PCR. Your highcaps will fit but they will stick out a bit. They're both easy to conceal.

Dan

Eric Larsen

Ok....hmmmm. I own an 83 and a Compact, carry both. The Compact was the first good deal I had seen on them and jumped on it. I wanted a PCR...because it was going to be a CCW. The PCR for a Carry is the better choice....it has the better style sights, less weight, serrations on the straps etc etc etc........
The Compact was designed from the full sized version as a CCW and the PCR is actually a Czech Police gun....designed with all of the things they wanted for the contract. All the options make it the better CCW. My Compact weighs 2 pounds empty and has 16 9mm rounds in it....you can feel it yet its not to heavy to carry and be comfortable all day. I wear it at 4 oclock in a good IWB holster and a good gunbelt. I hides very well on me and I am 5'10" and weigh 160.....its a concealable gun. Just for the record Rickmiester....:D I carry my 83 also, I had a .380 but am stepping up to a Makarov version...should make a better CCW. It also is an excellent CCW...carrys better than the Compact due to less weight. The fullsized Hi Caps will work in either gun and 10mm stick out past the bottom of the grip housing....I have Compact Hi Caps for mine and with Wolff +5% springs the capacity went from 13 to 15 rounds.....TOTAL BUMMER :D Either way you cant loose...but look harder at the PCR. If you are patient, a P01 is coming out in the late summer....a much improved Compact design similar to the PCR, just better. You can check it out on the CZForum......Shoot well

Selfdfenz

Thanks all

Thanks for the input. From what has been said the PCR appears to have the edge over the Compact in certain respects but the Compact still is a solid firearm.
I read the American Rifleman arti on the P 01 and it sounds like another winner for CZ. It appears the CNP really ran it through the ringer dependability-wise. I guess the P 01 improvements over the PCR design are a plus but none of the differences seem to be big drawbacks for me. My guess is the P 01 will be more expensive when it comes on the market or at least more than the PCR. I like the looks of the PCR better than the 01.
The PCR looks more like the 75, which I consider a nice looking pistol.
I have a 75B and I like the idea of cocked and locked. I have 1911s too. Never had a decocker before and frankly I would rather have a safety than a decocker but what the heck it not a perfect World.
Thanks again for all the input.
I looked at the PCR at a couple of gunshows. Don't know if I can wait till the late summer till the 01s get here.
S-

Eric Larsen

If you really prefer C&L over decocking...run to the Compact. Its a really really really nice shooter....I have hakan grips, a 20# Wolff recoil spring, polished feedramp and throated chamber, a rear slide chamfer, sight mods and Hi Caps....I love it. Shoot well

RBull

The new "P01" is actually bit more expensive than the PCR - at least here in Prague, but i gues it will be the same in U.S.
It is in the Glock price range here (but the CZ is more expensive here than in U.S., while the Glock is approx the same), but believe me, the gun just deserves it! It feels like dream, the finnish, fit and craftsmanship is obviously the best of all CZ handguns.

Rickmeister

Eric: I print with my PCR when I carry at 4 o'clock. I put my Bersa there instead. My "problem" is my build. It allows me to carry the CZ only when I'm wearing a coat, jacket or suit.

It's that growing ring of "love" around my waist. :( ;)