which Buckmark 4" or 5.5"?

jakeswensonmt

I plan to buy another Buckmark, as it's always the most popular gun when I take the kinfolk to the range.

I know the 5.5" Buckmarks are pretty accurate (got one), but what about the 4"? I admit that I like the stubby, purposeful look of the 4", but don't want to give up too much accuracy.

Anyone tried one?

38Mike

Hello!

I've owned both barrel lengths and now have the Micro with the 4 inch barrel.
I taught my youngest daughter to shoot; she's tried both pistols and prefers the shorter length. I recently took my wife out; it was her first time shooting, she shot the Buckmark and did pretty good. She's 5'1" and has fairly small hands, she had no trouble handling pistol. I've found that ( for me anyway ) there's not much difference in accuracy between the two barrel lengths. I'd say that if you had new shooters with you, maybe the 4 inch barrel might be a better choice........

Take care,

Mike

ShipWreck

I bought the 4" one and it does very well - I really wanted the longer sight radius of the 5.5" one, but couldn't find one locally at a decent price.

Luckily, someone just sold me a brand new 5.5" factory barrel for $30. I got it yesterday and installed it :)

Also moved my fiber optic sight (I bought that for $30 last month).

BEFORE:

buckmark2.jpg

And AFTER:

Buckmark97.jpg

Black Adder LXX

I bought the 4" one and it does very well - I really wanted the longer sight radius of the 5.5" one, but couldn't find one locally at a decent price.

Luckily, someone just sold me a brand new 5.5" factory barrel for $30. I got it yesterday and installed it

Anybody know how tough is it to change out the barrels on this? I've never even seen one but I hear great things...

lunde

My Buck Mark (a Camper) originally had a 5.5-inch barrel. It now has a TacSol 7.25-inch barrel, TacSol grips, TacSol rail, and Ultra Dot L/T red-dot sight. It's a superb shooter.

buckmark-tacsol-left-front.jpg

TacSol makes Buck Mark barrels in 4-, 5.5-, 7.25-, and 10-inch lengths, with and without flutes. See: http://www.tacticalsol.com/