Which box stock autoloader is the most reliable?

Which autoloaders are box-stock reliable? SPECIFICY WHICH MODEL.

• Ruger

Votes: 15 12.9%
  • Sig

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • Taurus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1911 (specify manufacture)

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Glock

Votes: 41 35.3%
  • H&K

Votes: 20 17.2%
  • S&W

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Walther

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Beretta

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • Other

Votes: 10 8.6%

• Total voters

dsk

Beretta 92. Never a single malfunction of any sort from three of them, about 5,000 rounds total.

denfoote

Ruger!! My KP95DC has been the most reliable!! The only thing that has stopped it was a stoppage after trying to digest to many wolves!!! :) The laquer from the cases dirtied it up to the point where it had to stop and take a shower!! :D

Even my Glocks have given me break in pains!! Not the Ruger. They're big and ugly, but they work!!

Nightcrawler

You can answer more than one, as well. I should've put CZ on the poll instead of Walther, as there are more CZs than Walthers out there....oh well.

Just curious to see which guns get the most votes.

enfwago

Glock 19. No problems at all except getting the trigger pull down. But that was a user problem, not a gun problem.

BillAdair

I have three Makarovs, and all three functioned flawlessly, right out of the box (after cosmoline removal of course)!

No break-in required, they feed anything and everything reliably, and are as accurate as auto loaders costing hundreds of dollars more. Sights are also dead on, with the two Bulgarians that have fixed sights.

The Maks have no reliability issues that I'm aware of, unlike many other pistols, and are a breeze to clean and lube.

Bill

schild

HK Mk.23 --3000 rounds, no failures of any kind
HK P7M8(2)-4000 rounds, no failures of any kind
Glock21--4000 rounds, a few failure to fire in the first 300 rounds
Glock34--3000 rounds, no failures
Walther P99(9mm)-750 rounds, no failures
CZ85b--500 rounds, no failures
Sig P245-500 rounds, no failures

All ammo was my reloads!

branrot

Beretta. Mine ate ammo that jammed my Walther P99 and my friend's Glock 17. Obviously bad ammo, but the Beretta ate it.

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
Specifically-

the Sig P220 in .45 ACP. 1st runner up with 0 malfunction's
is the Sig P228. 2nd runner up with 0 malfunction's is the
Sig P226 in 9m/m.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Yakko77

Helloooooooooo!!!

Well, I have a bit of catching up to do as far as my firearm collection is concerned. I have a Ruger SP101 .357 mag. revolver and my Kimber Custom 1911. Since I have never owned any of the other firearms mentioned I had no choice but to vote for the 1911. However, my Kimber is very reliable and it does its job every time I pull the trigger which is good enough for me to qualify as reliable. :) :cool: :D

Last edited:

Cornbread2

As I write this the 1911 has about 4.85% of the vote.

I do not see how anyone can think that the average out of the box 1911 can be considered more reliable than more modern designs.

Ruger most reliable

My Ruger P95DC with stainless upper is the most reliable pistol I own or have ever handled.

Never a jam or failure to do anything with all types of ammo.

A Ruger P95 with good pre-ban hi caps is a formidable weapon.

Bye

Yakko77

Re: Cornbread2

Helloooooooooooo!!!

"I do not see how anyone can think that the average out of the box 1911 can be considered more reliable than more modern designs."

The 1911 design has been around now for 90+ years now. To me, that means the design is a good and reliable one. Also, Kimber IMHO is more than your average out of the box 1911. They're a good company with a outstanding reputation. I plan on keeping my Kimber 1911 for as long as it will last which is most probably longer than I myself will last. Question is, will that "tactical tuppaware" that Glock and H&K make last as long as a good 1911? We'll see.........

Redlg155

I'd say the Glock handgun line in general.

Right now my Kahr Mk9 is definitely making a good impression on me. Standard Vel FMJ's, Corbon +P JHP's and even Nato Spec 124gr FMJ's all feed and fire without a hitch.

Good Shooting
RED