Which AR15 to choose???

Hi, Im 15 and plan on getting a job next year and probaly split my money on gas of course :p and saving up for my very own AR15, I saw two AR15s that caught my eye when browsing through the web to see which one is most accurate and many have said that the Rock River A4 is extremely accurate while others say that the Bushmaster Varminter models are extremely accurate...
Comparing the Bushmaster Varminter vs Rock Rivers' A4 which one do you think would be worth buying and if you do have alternative ones that are around the same price that you think are more accurate, what are they?
Thanks in advance, Marksman94

Uhh....okay??
I got parents you know...
the gun will be under there name but it will be basicaly mine plus my grandfather really is the only one I go shooting with and he is a ex-chicago cop who also taught at the academy there on fire arm safety.;)

bcarver

ar accuracy

No one can say.
Accuracy is based on ammo and barrel condition among other things.
You may get a lemon or a peach.
The Varmiteer upper is freefloated and has a longer barrel.
A longer barrel will give more velocity and should reduce the spread in velocity and make it more accurate. However short stiff barrels like the m4(16") can be more accurate due to less oscilation in the barrel.
Two important considerations in a rifle for Accuracy are sight radius and trigger quality. These allow you to shoot better. A longer sight radius is better than a short one. This is not important if you are going to use a scope.

I suggest a "DCM" compliant rifle. Look at the dcm rifles in both bushmaster and rock river.

You can start competion shooting with it.

Okay thanks, I plan I using Iron Sights so I will take sights into account, I was brought up since I was about 8 on a .22 scoped rifle so Im good with a scope but I want to get used to US style iron sights with the peep sight and all.

spyderdude

It's nice to see some younger shooters on this forum, I hope it breaks the stereotype that our youth are irresponsible and nothing but trouble when guns are present. As far as choosing an AR-15 that really depends on how much you're willing to spend. Prices can range from 800-2,500 to even 3,000 dollars.

I would have to say Smith & Wesson and Bushmaster offer the best bang for the buck, but IMO the S&W is slightly better quality, but maybe it's just me and it probably is. I bought an M&P15 carbine last year for 995 and it's everything I hoped it would be. I'm very happy with it!

mpw8679

Both the bushmaster and rock river are excellent guns. But out of the ones I've seen I am more impressed with the rock river as far as build quality. Also take a look at DPMS. They make very nice ar's in a wide variety of configurations and calibers. I went with a DPMS simply due to the fact I couldnt find a rock river I wanted, and every bushmaster I looked at had some flaw in the finish. But I have no regrets about the DPMS. Very accurate. I shot a 3 shot group threw the same hole with it at 140 yds. Luck on my part. lol.

Alleykat

But I have no regrets about the DPMS. Very accurate. I shot a 3 shot group threw the same hole with it at 140 yds. Luck on my part. lol.

Think you could repeat that, on demand, for, say, a $1000 wager? :D I own both Bushmaster and RRA ARs. I like 'em both. Would never buy another factory-built AR, now that I've built a few myself. I've recently built four M4s; three using Yankee Hill Machine barrels and one with a Daniel Defense barrel. They're all excellent.

ronl

Of the two you mentioned I think I'd go with the RR. A friend has one of their match rifles and it performs very well.

10-96

Either one will suit your wants and work just fine. I like the 2-stage trigger on the RRA- but then, you can buy those separate and install on just about any AR with a .154" trigger pin. Have you looked at the options available from Double Star or Delton? It's my personal opinion that nobody makes any out and out junk anymore and those who did washed out or cleaned up their act years ago.

sneaky pete

?Why not build one yourself???

old Sneaky Pete here: Anyone can go out and plop your money down and walk out with a shiny new toy(not that there's anything wrong with that) but to buy a bag of parts and put the thing together your self to your own desires is way more kool. What stripped lower with what "Roll-Mark", who's LPK, a single stage or 2 stage trigger- how light, who's pistol grip, what kind of butt-stock-rifle style fixed or collapsable, and how about the upper receiver--cary handle or flat-top, removable handle, folding sights, retro or current, forward assist or not, what flash-hider/compensator or none, barrel length. you get the idea--plUs tHe fact that when you'r done you can look at the beast and know that "You did it" Way more kool and lot of fun. THANX--SNEAKY:)