which AR lower - DD, CMMG, or BCM ?

pilpens

I have just ordered my complete middy upper from BCM.
I need opinions on a lower.

Options:
1. Complete Daniel Defense lower - $340 + tax.
2. Complete Bravo Company lower - $350 + shipping + transfer fee.
3. CMMG with parts kit $210 + stock(buffer tube,etc) + tax.

I am leaning towards the Daniel Defense.
I am not worried about color matching.

Want opinions.
thanks.

GONIF

grab a mega lower.and the LPK of your choice ,put a mil spec buffer tube and Magpul CTR stock and enjoy .

Last edited:

DBAR

Out of the 3 your not going to notice a whole lot of difference in quallity. Chances are that 2 out of the 3 are probably manufactured by the same company. I don't know that for sure, but there are not that many companies that manufacturer lowers. There a lot of companies buying them an machineing their own names, serial number, and logos on them though.

DBAR

rjrivero

DBAR said:
Out of the 3 your not going to notice a whole lot of difference in quallity. Chances are that 2 out of the 3 are probably manufactured by the same company. I don't know that for sure, but there are not that many companies that manufacturer lowers. There a lot of companies buying them an machineing their own names, serial number, and logos on them though.

DBAR
I agree with DBAR. They don't differ all that much from one to another. I pick mine based on how much I like the logo stamped on the side. :p

The main place manufacturers skimp on lowers is to use cheaper, softer aluminium than the 7075 specified for GI lowers. To the best of my knowledge, all the manufacturers you mention use 7075, so I would just go with whichever is most convenient/has the coolest logo/etc.

pilpens

I ordered a complete lower from spike's tactical with magpul MOE stock and magpul enhanced trigger guard.

I found another thread where it says that, Spike's Tactical, CMMG DPMS, Bushmaster and a couple other's come from the same manufacturer - LAR.

I figured out how much it would cost me to build the same lower as what I ordered and there was not much difference. Spike's was approximately $20 more after all taxes, transfer fees, gun show tickets, gas, etc were added.

I expect the lower sometime next week.

My BCM SS 410 16 middy complete upper arrived this afternoon.
Will post pics later.

I will scope it first to while breaking the SS barrel and until I feel good about its accuracy then decide if I will go with a low power scope or iron sights.

thanks for the input.

Technosavant

I've used CMMG lowers, they build up just fine. If the BCM lowers are as good as their uppers, they should be absolutely top notch. I've also not heard a bad word about Daniel Defense.

Any will work.