Which Among These Two Org. You could Recommend?

stdalire

In a couple of months from now, I want to join officially and be active in one of the two famous Shooting Org.

I read in the internet that IDPA has also a branch in Phils. IPSC also has one under Jethro whom I saw personally already when he is one of the guest in my local Gun Club.

Two things I want to know:

I am not only after shooting competition at the range but I want to learn and be trained more on the correct practice of handling a hand guns in the real world.

I have read that IDPA emerge from the IPSC and mostly of it's board members or officers are formerly IPSC and have curved several flaws or anything they saw inside IPSC that is not applicable or considered no relevance in the handgun world.

Any recommendations and comments about these two famous organization.

Thanks

jimc

idpa. ispc is nice however the secenarios at an idpa match are more "real life" in terms of shoot don't shoot. they have a web page unfortunately i cannot remember it at this time. go to an idpa shoot next time there is one i your area, and check it out. anyone who has attended one of our matches joins up. i enjoy them as a way to do some tactical shooting once a month. someone here will probably post the web site if not contact morgan he is very involved with our local idpa

Ned Roundtree

I just shot my first IPSC match last month. I mostly shoot IDPA. Based on what you are looking for IDPA would suit you better. Go to www.idpa.com or you can click on my home page and go in through the link. ;)