Which 9MM Glock For small Hands?

Coolray

I have short fingers and a smaller hand my 1911A1 works for me but I was wanting a Glock in 9mm. There are so many Glocks and the one store that hass a lot of them near by are difficult to deal with,to the point they won't let you hold the gun till after you have paid for it. I won't do business there I'll be going to Idaho to buy but I'd like to have an idea what model to ask to try.

TKL

My wife and I both have small hands and both have G19's.
I have to use the ball of my index finger in the trigger, but it is not a problem. The width of the 26 is the same & I like havind the longer grip for a place to put my pinky finger, although you can get mag extensions. Also you can get high caps for the 19, not sure about the 26.
TKL

sox

Coolray, I know what you mean. Those are just way too fat. Hopefully Glock will get it together and bring out a slimline 9mm. I purchased the Kahr P9 out of frustration and I am so happy. This is a little over 15oz. superslim like 22mm wide vs. thinnest glock of 28.5mm. 9 round capacity. Full length grip-no cheesy pearce finger extension. 6" length X 5" height. The trigger is super smooth and fast and recoil is remarkably soft. I don't think you will sorry. I do understand the Glock aura as if they ever build a slimline 9mm for CCW I will trade my P9, but that is only prefence.

Gopher .45

Try the Glock 26 or Baby Glock as it is called. You will likely want to get a Pearce grip extension for the mags so that your pinky ain't haning' off.

DPS0348

Coolray,

I have a Glock model 26 and all magazines are with Pearce grip extensions. It is a fine weapon and, while it certainly is not the only option out there, it is one of the good choices. My "ex" has very small hands ... she is quite petite ... and she purchased a G26 as her carry weapon on the advice of her Concealed Handgun License instructor who is also an active Texas Ranger. Even with her small hands, she has no problem controling the pistol and she is very accurate. Small hands can actually be an advantage with the G26 ... if you do not need the grip extensions for a comfortable grip, it is much easier to conceal without them. Also, all of the magazines for the larger Glocks in 9mm will feed the G26 and there are grip inserts available to form a solid grip with the longer magazines. It's easy to see where my preference lies so I'll shut up. Needless to say, I'm quite familiar with the 9mm Glocks so if you have any questions I might answer, feel free to email me.

denfoote

Coolray,
First, it's good to see that you have come to your senses, and decided to ditch (hopefully;) ) the Hi-Point. Second, I also have small hands with short fingers. I have found that either the G19, or the G26 fits the bill quite nicely.

Russell92

i have small hands and my G19 fits them great. all 9mm glocks have the same grip cercumference but smaller handed shooters seem to prefer the G19. YMMV

Coolray

denfoote
I still have my Hi-Point :) My only complaint with the Hi-point is the safety is not really solid for carry. I never carry this gun it is only for shooting up a buch of rounds giving me lots of reload practice. I will also look at the Kahr and the 19 and 26.

blackamos

I like everything Glock but in this case I lean toward the 19. It is small enough and still has high cap mags. 15 v 10 is no question to me.