Which .50 BMG rifle is the most accurate?

SunBear

Big Bang Boom!!!

This is the website for the Fifty Caliber Shooters Association. www.fcsa.org You can click on match results there and see what the champs are using. :D

Drjones

The most accurate .50 BMG rifle is the bolt-action rifle made by McMillan Bros.

I believe that that particular rifle has set two world records; one being civilian for long-distance group (I believe it was 5 rounds at 1000 yards), and the other record that I believe was made with this rifle was the roughly 2,350 meter (yes, two thousand three hundred fifty meters, or about 1 and 1/2 miles!) confirmed kill made by a Canadian sniper team in Afghanistan.

Now, keep in mind that you are going to pay for that accuracy. I know that the McMillan bolt-action .50 is at least $5,000, probably more.

My FFL has one (along with several other .50 BMG's) and I think he told me the price a while ago, but I forget for certain.

All that being said, I think that most of the major brand .50's on the market are more accurate than most of the people who will ever shoot them.

I have a Serbu .50 and it has recieved many excellent reviews for accuracy. It also happens to be one of the least expensive BMG's, at around $2300 or so.

Do NOT confuse "inexpensive" with "cheap" when talking about the Serbu; it is top-quality all the way.

What price range are you looking at?

What are you looking to do with this rifle?

If you are serious about long-range competitions, you'll probably want to go with something like the McMillan.

BCannell

I was thinking long range anti-personnel and anti-materiel work, rather than competition. Thus, Skip Talbot's 125 pound rifle is out :) . Thanks for the MacMillan information.

The manufacturer of the Ferret50 claims .2 MOA with their best 36'' barrel. Can anyone verify that?

Para Bellum

Steyr HS-50

I am sure the Steyr-Mannlicher HS-50 is an extremely accurate gun:

9-iran.jpg

http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn64-e.htm

Iran just ordered 800 of it. No Magazine, one shot. No compromise on accuracy.

HS-.50 from Steyr-Mannlicher AG is the new Austrian anti-matériel rifle, a true bolt-action sniper in .12'7x99mm-NATO.

The Steyr .50 HS is the most recent development of the famous Austrian arms manufacturer, the Steyr Mannlicher Gmbh & Co KG. First displayed at the ShotShow-2004 (February 2004, Las-Vegas, USA), this single shot rifle is primary intended for anti-material applications and counter-sniping. The Steyr .50HS is available in two calibers, the old and venerable .50BMG and the apparently new .460Steyr (on which so far no data were obtained).

The Steyr .50 HS is a single shot rifle, with manually operated, rotating bolt with two large locking lugs at the front. The two-stage trigger is factory set to 4lbs (1.8kg). The buttstock is adjustable for length of pull, the cheekpiece is also adjustable. Heavy barrel is partially fluted and fitted with effective muzzle brake. Steyr .50 HS has no iron sights; the MilStd Picatinny rail is standard. Rifle is not intended to be fired off-hand; it is fitted with integral folding adjustable bipods.