Where to find Uncle Mike's Checkered Hi-Power Grips??

Gremlin

I handled a Charles Daly Hi-Power today and loved the Butler Creek rubber checkered grips. I want a pair.

I've been all over the web this evening trying to find them at Cheaper Than Dirty, Midway, Natchez, and Brownells.

No luck.

Where do you go for your Uncle Mike's / Butler Creek checkered rubber Browning Hi-Power grips???

Thanks for the help!

Dfariswheel

Uncle Mike's stopped making them several years ago.

Check gun shop junk boxes, gun shows, and eBay.
Also advertise on the gun forums For Sale areas.

Gremlin

It's so hard to find anything by Uncle Mike's on the web that I don't doubt you. Having said that, I wonder where Charles Daly is getting them to put on their Hi-Powers?

If you look at a Daly, it says Made In USA and someone has to have a stock of the grips. Daly doesn't show them as an accessory on their site, but somewhere, somehow, somebody's got to still be making them.

robone

i have a set on a 5 shot revolver..like them better than any hogue or pachameyer grip i ever had a hold of
check getgrip.com they are patterned after siegal's ultrathin rose wood grips...gotta tell you they are nice

ttbk

I think I may have posted this before (not even sure which forum), but I called Daly a little over a month ago (before I got my own CDHP) and they told me that the grips could be ordered from them. Don't remember the price, tho.
Not sure how they'd fit on a Browning, with the different safety configuration, but it would be worth looking into.
Good luck

Gremlin

I tried calling Charles Daly and their customer service folks said that they don't sell replacement grips for their Hi Power.

What was interesting was when she told me that Magnum Research supplies Daly with the Hi Power grips.

So I called Magnum Research.

They had absolutely no idea of what I was talking about.

Dead end.

Anyone know a place to go for Uncle Mike's old surplus rubber checkered Browning High Power grips???