Where to find 117 gr. Prohunters?

dvdcrr

Due to the fact that I shoot a 257 Weatherby, I'd like to find some more 117 gr. Pro Hunters. It is a discontinued bullet offering from Sierra. I reload these and they are a very good bullet for the high speeds of the Weatherby. So with the recent madness, I have a hard time finding them. Anyone know where to look? I am not a big time hoarder but I would like to find a few boxes of these maybe. If I can't buy or barter some, I guess I will have to find an alternative.

dvdcrr

Well OK I went through my stuff, and I have 600 or so. Woops! Well, now to find those 130 gr. 277 cal Accubonds...

HiBC

I'm not knocking the Sierra 117's. but I've had great results with the Nosler 115 gr Ballistic tip. If I wanted a little harder bullet,there is the 110 Accubond.

Go your own way,but you have good options

LeverGunFan

Try some brick and mortar gun shops in your area. I've had some luck finding discontinued bullets at small gun shops that don't list their inventory on the internet. But in today's market, you'll need a bit of luck to find them.

gwpercle

Try some brick and mortar gun shops in your area. I've had some luck finding discontinued bullets at small gun shops that don't list their inventory on the internet. But in today's market, you'll need a bit of luck to find them.
Do what LeverGunFan says... you would be surprised what lingers on a shelf in a good old fashioned gun shop ... no shipping and instant gratification .
Make a friend at the shop and they will look out for you .

Avoid the big box places ...you want a small business , local owned and operated .
Gary

std7mag

I agree, check your local mom & pop stores.
Don't forget the old local hardware store!

The 117gr SST should be a good replacement for the Pro Hunter.
They are supposed to be fairly stout.

Jcon72

Due to the fact that I shoot a 257 Weatherby, I'd like to find some more 117 gr. Pro Hunters. It is a discontinued bullet offering from Sierra. I reload these and they are a very good bullet for the high speeds of the Weatherby. So with the recent madness, I have a hard time finding them. Anyone know where to look? I am not a big time hoarder but I would like to find a few boxes of these maybe. If I can't buy or barter some, I guess I will have to find an alternative.

I have one box of the 117gr Pro Hunters, some Speer 120gr boattails and a box of 120gr Hornady HP's. I would sell any or all of them if you're interested.

I shoot a 700 Mtn 1/4 bore 06. 117s are super hard to find these days. After a quick check of my reloading bench draws I have 4 boxes of 117 Rd Nose and 1 box of spires. Rd nose are for my 25-35 spires are for the (above) rifle mentioned. Just keep checking those gun shops in your area especially those out in the countryside. That's how I found my supply of Hornady's. On line sources? " There in worst shape than I am when it comes to cartridge components."