Where to buy chokes? (Winchester Super-X2)

Battler

I have the Win Super-X2 practical, it came with only one choke (cyl).

I may end up using the gun for Dove (with improved cyl, maybe modified, as has been recommended by others) in its 22" barrel. First time doing this, a friend who's more familiar will be helping out. (Yes, its ludicrously large mag will be plugged).

I figure I can buy the (Invector plus) chokes from Winchester. Is there any difference between manufacturers though? Would I be better off with Briley? Or something else? I'm new to this.

Thanks,
Battler.

HSMITH

The chokes you can buy from Winchester or Browning (they are the same) are pretty good quality. That said you can get the extended chokes from Briley or Hastings for the same money or just a tad more. You can order them online from Cabela's or the like, or your local gunshop should have them as well. I like the extended because you do not need a wrench to change them or check them to make sure they are tight. The aftermarket extended chokes will typically throw a more even pattern. Choice is yours. Hope this helps.

C.R.Sam

Suggest patterning what you have first, with several different loads.

Then when you make a change, you can tell if you gained or lost.

Sam

retiredsquid

I am a big fan of the Briley extended choke tubes. I have over a dozen of them for my Brownings -- I use the same chokes in my Winchester Super X2 and they work very well.

No, I do not like the adjustable (Poly-Choke) chokes at all.

Regards,
Rich

HSMITH

I have yet to see an adjustable choke that works on more than one setting. Junk as far as I am concerned.