Where to buy AR's?

Hedley

I simply cannot find anything locally that's not overpriced. Where do you guys pick up your uppers and lowers?

BTW, I'm searching for a chrome-lined 5.56 20" flat top upper.

edit- Is it best to go with the manufacturer(ie- Bushmaster, RRA, etc), or a third party?

Last edited:

zoomie

I've had good luck with rbprecision.com. Just ordered a RRA 18" varmint flattop upper from them this week. It was cheaper from them with no added discount, than direct from Rock River with their military discount, and RB is only across town from Rock River.

My only gripe is the uncertain delivery schedue: 2-16 weeks. Although I don't think that's anything they can help.

hpg

Here is a Great place for uppers. I have an upper they built for me 2 years ago and it's really accurate. it's a A3 receiver with a Wilson Arms 16" chrome lined barrel with A2 f.h........hpg www.del-ton.com

WhyteP38

Are you buying assembled or building?

If you are buying assembled, Stag is a very good brand. Google (or Yahoo) Umlaut Arms. They have Stag kits that save money. Pin the assembled upper to the assembled lower (two pins, that's all), and you'll save yourself about $100 over buying the exact same thing pinned together at the factory.

MMcfpd

The two 5.56 ARs I purchased this year came from a gunshow and the arfcom Equipment Exchange that Rocky mentioned. I've actually seen some decent prices at the shows, but I've also seen fantasyland prices. The tradeoff when establishing a good price at a show is paying sales tax but not paying shipping or an FFL transfer. Also, you can look at the rifle before you buy it, and shoot it that afternoon.

Hedley

What I think I'vee narrowed it down to is a DPMS kit from Del-Ton.

For $510 minus a stripped lower receiver, what do you think? I'd opt for the $45 extra for the chrome lined DTI barrel. It has everything I want, but could I do better?

20 Rifle Kit -Barrel:20" DTI 1x9 Chrome Lined
20 Rifle Kit -Gas Tubes:Standard Gas Tube
20 Rifle Kit -Handguards:Standard Handguard
Rifle Kit -BC:Standard Bolt & Carrier
Rifle Kit -Buttstock:A2 Buttstock - Black
Rifle Kit -Carrying Handle:None
Rifle Kit -Flash Hiders:A2 Flash Hider
Rifle Kit -Gas Blocks:Standard A2 Front Sight
Rifle Kit -Grips:A2 Grip - Black
Rifle Kit -Lower Parts:Standard Lower Parts
Rifle Kit -T Handle:Standard Charging Handle
Rifle Kit -Uppers:Flat Top Upper with T-Marks

http://www.del-ton.com/Rifle_Kit_p/rkt102.htm

I'd hate to beat a dead horse, but what's the verdict on DPMS?

And is a DTI barrel made by Wilson, and is it good to go with 5.56?