Where to buy a handgun in Vacaville CA or vicinity?

pittspilot

It seems as though the Sept 11th rush on firearms has lightened.

I have looked at some places in Sacramento and been underwhelmed. One of the gentlemen there indulged in a terminological inexactitude while answering a question, something that always causes me to go else where.

So I thought of going to Vacaville, since there seems to be numerous shops. Which one though?

Thanks for the input

Tim

RANash

Guns & Gear is my favorite store in Vacaville. Good people. However, you will always run into people who will "indulge in a terminological inexactitude" in any gun store. In fact, that happens here. In fact, I've done it!

But I like the store.

Gerstenkorn Sports Guns & Gear
860 Alamo Dr. Vacaville, CA. 95688
(707) 451-1199

Another place I spend a lot of time is The Shooting Gallery. I can't really speak to their excellence as a gun store, but it's the closest range for me to go to.

The Shooting Gallery, Inc.
27 Commerce Place
Vacaville, CA 95687
707-449-GUNS (4867)
www.shootinggalleryinc.com

Let me know what you find and what your experiences are.

Gewehr98

If you're heading as far North as Sacramento...

There's Wild Sports in Orangevale on Greenback Lane.

In Oroville, there's Huntington's.

Great Guns and DM Custom are no longer in business.

Sports Authority in Citrus Heights actually carries several models, although not as great a selection as Wild Sports.

Then there's Old Sacramento Armory, but those are mostly milsurp or C&R, with a few new commercial handguns on display.

Mithirium

I second Gerstenkorns Guns and Gear !
Good people for sure! all though to be honest his prices are getting high.

The Shooting Gallery- Heys it a range but dont expect many of the people who work there to know about guns. They do sell them though. (i worked there for 4 years i know ;) ) Lots of TERMINAL EXACTITUDE there. I could bad mouth the business practices but I wont.

If its more important to save a few bucks i would consider the trip to Wild Sports in Sacramento or The Guns and Gear of Sacramento. Not associated with the one in Vacaville.
There is also River City Gun Exchange in Sac too, nice people.

this thread might help
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85554

psssniper

VACAVILLE!!???

man i used to live there when i was a youth, i believe it was 1970
approximately. sixth grade for sure. great teacher whose name escapes me, and an awesome rookie teacher named rick lui ?. wonder whatever happened to those guys.

Malone LaVeigh

Have you checked out River City Gun Exchange? I thought they had a pretty nice selection. I haven't shopped for handguns for a long time, though, so I don't know how good the prices are. They seemed high, but I just might be way out of touch.

Also don't know how open to negotiation they are.

The person that Italked to there was very helpful and seemed quite knowledgeable. He was also very quick with referrals to other resources in the area.

They did all seem to be Glock zealots there, though...

Further out of town there's The Range in Grass Valley. They're apparently associated with or the same folks who produce the Miwall reloads, which I am pretty happy with. In general, they seem to be serious folks, but I didn't look at handguns there.

Pendragon

Try "The Gun Room" in Elk Grove.

They have a decent but not huge selection but they will order anything you want.

They are on Elk Grove Blvd about 2 blocks East of Hwy 99 in the little shopping center by Washington Mutual....

Good Guy

If you're looking for handguns not on the approved list for sale new, you might drive a wee bit further past Vacaville to Walnut Creek and try Contra Costa Collectible Firearms. He has lots of used ones on consignment, especially older Colts and S&Ws. I don't recall the address offhand, but they're in the phone book. He's got some interesting stuff, but this isn't the place to go if you're looking for new/newer wonderpistols like Glocks, Sigs, etc.