where to buy 870 barrel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creek Henry

My son is outgrowing the 21.5" barrel on his 870 express youth model. Where can I get a 26" 20 ga for under $150?

Ty,

flyboy015

That's an interesting order. I have a Carlson's brand 28" vent rib for my 12 ga and it's an excellent barrel- probably the best aftermarket for the price. A quick search at MidwayUSA, where I bought it, shows they only sell 12 ga, as does Brownells and Cabela's. Maybe Google Carlson's info, shoot them an email? If they make such a barrel, I'm sure they'd be more than willing to sell one to you. Price wise mine was far cheaper than the Remington alternative

Remington74

You might also try some of the local gun shops. The ones around here often have used take offs in the range of $50 to $100. Most of them are like new and others could use some TLC in the cosmetic area.

T. O'Heir

Barrel length has nothing to do with Youth models vs big kid models. Slug barrels are 20". Finding a 20 gauge might be an issue though. Either way if the thing says Remington on it, it'll cost more. BNIB barrels start at $180ish at Midway.
However, your local gun shop can order anything you want. How long it'll take depends on if his supplier has one. Remember that everybody and his brother plus all their cousins are getting ready for hunting season right now. So bargains will probably be scarce. Maybe not for 20 gauge though.

FITASC

Where is the OP talking about a slug barrel? He mentions the short barrel his son's youth gun came with and wants a longer one since his son has grown - at least that is what I understood from his post.

flyboy015

"I'd like to use my Cabelas points but that seems unlikely"

FWIW, Cabela's customer support is stellar. Give your nearest store a call. As mentioned by another poster, they might have used barrels in good shape too.

Too bad you're a little late for the Gander Mountain liquidation...my local store had bins and bins of odds and ends, handgun magazines, shotgun barrels and Boyd's stocks, scope mounts, you name it, all 50% off, and then right before they all disappeared for some reason :D they were marked down to 75% off...

Status
Not open for further replies.