Where is your back up gun?

doh_312

When you carry one, where do you carry it? On your person though. If it is in the car it is a car gun, not a back up. Right now I carry my BUG on the waist right behind the primary. Primary sits @3:30 BUG sits @4:30. I have a shoulder rig for the BUG and a pocket holster, I'm considering an ankle holster. I've heard back and forth on the ankle hoslter for many reasons. Where is your BUG and why?

grymster2007

If it is in the car it is a car gun, not a back up
Tell me about it. My BUG is right next to my primary. Primary sits at 3:30 on the nightstand and BUG sits at 5:00. Welcome to sunny California! :mad:

This reminded me of a video I saw once where a guy was pulling out tons of guns from some baggy pants and coat. Some anti-gun stuff. Obvious the guy(high school age) would be totally immobilized by the bulk if not the weight. I would love to see that video again if someone has it.

My secondary is my CCW gun. The shotgun in my trunk is my primary.

I do have a set up to carry a bug and my only real concern was that I be able to draw it with either hands(if I need it something has already gone wrong, that something could be my right forearm is in pieces). I settled on 430 with my primary in a left hand at 300 cant slightly between a classic cross draw and an upright so it can also be drawn with either hand.

Nnobby45

My 642 goes in the left inside zippered pocket of my Bratwear vest. I have two. One gray. One black. The pocket is padded and made for a gun. This is my standard carry in warmer weather.

Or: In a left hand OWB (J- Fr) made by Milt Sparks at 8 o'clock, just behind my spare mag. pouch for my primary which is at 4 o'clock IWB. The slot is 1 3/4" for my 1 1/2" belt so I don't have to fight to get it on and off! Stays in place just fine.

Or: Uncle Mike's pocket holster--left pocket.

Or: In my right side pocket of my heavy coat or parka when it's zipped up when I'm walking with hands in pockets. You could say that the 642 is actually the primary and P220C under the coat is the secondary gun. Of course, with a little warning and an unzipped coat, that is easily reversed again.

One of those methods will work no matter how I'm dressed. Each has it's place. I'm beginning to like the left hand Milt Sparks a lot. Only drawback is going somewhere where it's necessary to take it off and put it back on. Like the gym where I undress and dress.

Much easier to put on my VM2 on the right side, clip my Bladetech on the left, and slip my Uncle Mike in the left pocket. Have done it many times right next to people (by appropriately turning away) who never had a clue. Then I'm ready to rearm myself from the lock box as soon as I get to my car. Do I carry the BUG with me into the gym when I work out? Well, that's still my secret.:D I'd be really careful. You have to decide how safe valuables are in the locker in your gym.

Last edited:

12GaugeShuggoth

That video you talk about was shown in Bowling For Columbine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zepAp5qQiDw&feature=related

Not sure if this is the same video johnwilliamson062 was talking about, but here's the video from Bowling for Columbine, as referenced by 2DaMtns.

On topic, my BUG is always in my strong side front pocket. Ruger LCP in a Desantis Nemesis. Generally, I'll take it out of my pocket while I'm driving so I can have quick access to something in the truck (I don't keep a designated "truck gun"), but if I leave the truck it goes back in my pocket.