Where is this notorious ad?

armoredman

I keep hearing references to this MoveOn advertisement that left the Demos floundering and Reps highly irked, has anyone seen it? Something about General Betray-Us, play on Patraeus.

9mmHP

Ad Move-On almost ran

They stopped short of running this:

Attachments

• what_they_almost_ran.jpg
    what_they_almost_ran.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 135

Danzig

This time of year..that is the rate that any advertiser would receive. The NY Times didn't give Move On any special rate. They gave Giuliani the same rate for an ad he ran recently.

Mike40-11

This time of year..that is the rate that any advertiser would receive. The NY Times didn't give Move On any special rate.
Um, no.
According to Abbe Serphos, director of public relations for the Times, "the open rate for an ad of that size and type is $181,692."

A spokesman for MoveOn.org confirmed to The Post that the liberal activist group had paid only $65,000 for the ad - a reduction of more than $116,000 from the stated rate.

A Post reporter who called the Times advertising department yesterday without identifying himself was quoted a price of $167,000 for a full-page black-and-white ad on a Monday.
http://www.nypost.com/seven/09132007/news/nationalnews/times_gives_lefties_a_hefty_di.htm
Yes, I know the Post is not exactly an unbiased observer, but neither is the Times.

They gave Giuliani the same rate for an ad he ran recently.
Indeed they did. AFTER he, and others, made a fuss about it.
http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/giuliani-demands-moveons-new-york-times-ad-rate-2007-09-13.html
Would they have given him the same rate if it hadn't become such a public stink? Obviously, I don't know. I do doubt it though.

ConfuseUs

One more nail in the coffin of the NY Times' credibility on American politics. Or should I say another shovelful into the grave?

ohen cepel

For me that coffin has been buried a long time!

The fact that they even try to tell people they are fair any longer just amazes me! Admit the truth and I may respect you some.

FALPhil

Does anyone whose brain is not fried from years of illicit drug use take Move On seriously? I am not being disingenuous here. I really am curious. In my community, the only people I know who take them seriously are not linear thinkers.

Where does their support come from besides the fabulously wealthy ex-con currency speculator whose last name used to be Schwartz?

9mmHP

Move-On.org's ancestors

If MoveOn had been around 65 years ago.

Attachments

• lies_and_power.jpg
    lies_and_power.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 19